Global expansion with strong international products
- OLSON-HORIBA INCORPORATED (USA) is established, marking the start of overseas business.
- Shares are listed on the Osaka securities and Kyoto stock exchanges.
- Subsidiaries are established in the United States and Europe.
- Standard Technology Co, Ltd. is established. (presently HORIBA STEC Co., Ltd)
- Environmental Protection Agency (USA) adopts MEXA.
- COS Co., Ltd. is established (presently HORIBA Advanced Techno).
- HORIBA develops Japan’s first energy-dispersive X-ray analyzer.
- The corporate motto becomes “Joy & Fun.”
- The employee welfare company HORIBA COMMUNITY CORPORATION is established.
Omoshiro Okashiku - Joy and Fun
The company motto displayed above sums up the directive to everyone at HORIBA Group, which is to bring enthusiasm and excitement into our work to make our trade fulﬁlling and enjoy our lives.