Partica mini LA-350– Compact Routine Laser Diffraction Analyzer
HORIBA's new LA-350 Laser Diffraction Particle Size Distribution Analyzer is the ideal combination of performance, price, and packaging. The LA-350 excels in applications as diverse as slurries, minerals, and paper chemistry. Based on the advanced optical design of previous LA-series analyzers, the LA-350 strikes a harmonious balance between high-functionality, easy operation, low maintenance, and cost-effectiveness.
Bench space is used efficiently due to the LA-350’s compact size (297 mm x 420 mm). The clever design and precision, high quality manufacturing ensure convenient, reliable operation and accurate results, now with a wider size range (0.1-1,000 µm).
In addition, access to world class HORIBA support and training comes with purchase of all HORIBA products. HORIBA offers scheduled service agreements, regular instructional videos, and scheduled classes. HORIBA customers not only have the best analyzers in the business ... they are the best analysts in the business.
- Range: 0.1 - 1,000 µm which matches the widest range of applications with a performance equivalent to many other full range systems.
- Compact Size: Crowded lab? Multiple locations? The compact size preserves bench space and makes it possible to transport the instrument to different locations within a facility or ship to remote locations for on-site testing where it is not practical to purchase an analyzer.
- Fast Analysis: The highly-refined optical design and algorithm provides measurement results in three easy steps: click, add sample, and review data. Data can be obtained in as little as ten seconds.
- Powerful Software: The LA-350 uses the same fully featured software package as our other LA-series analyzers, providing a wide range of statistical measures, data analysis, and presentation tools.
- Ease of Use: With automatic alignment, a built-in ultrasonic system for sample dispersion, and a powerful pumping system, combined with the automation features of the software, sample analysis on the LA-350 is extremely easy and straightforward. Sample analysis can be a one-button operation.
- Flexible Operation: Readily adapt to changing measurement needs with a wider size range and flexible software.
- Simple Operation: One button operation is possible by using the methods and sequence options built into the software.
- Fast Analysis: Get answers now with quick measurement and analysis.
Manufactured by HORIBA
Laser diffraction and Mie light scattering theory
Size Measurement Range
Typical measurement takes about 10 seconds from "Measure" to "display the result".
Powders, slurries, emulsions etc.
Particle size and size distribution, size related theoretical calculated values
Wet method: Liquid dispersed particles with flow sampling system
Required Sample Amount
10 mg-5 g (depending on the sample size, distribution and materials)
Wet Flow System Liquid Volume
Approximately 130-230 mL
Organic Solvent Compatibility
Available in solvent resistant flow sampling version or fraction cell system (optional)
Measurement Performance Guarantee
HORIBA selected NIST traceable standard materials
USB data communication with PC
Data Processing/Results Display
Desktop or laptop PC/LCD; Printer
15° to 35° C
AC100/120/230V, 50/60Hz, 150VA
W 297mm x D 420mm x H 376mm (excluding PC)
Approximately 23 kg
Light source: Laser diode 5mW, λ=650nm
Wet Sampling System
Ultrasonic: Ultrasonic probe inside of the flow system, 7 steps power adjustment
The LA-350 uses Mie Scattering Theory (laser diffraction) to measure particle size over the range of 0.1-1,000 µm. A 650nm solid-state, diode laser is focused by an automatic alignment system through the measurement cell. Light is scattered by the particles to a 70-element detector system, including high-angle and back-scatter detectors for a full angular light intensity distribution. The thick, cast-aluminum optical bench provides stable, high-precision results. For more information on laser diffraction, visit our Laser Diffraction Technique page.
- Fraction Cell/Holder: The 5 mL cuvette-type Fraction Cell allows measurement of small volumes of liquid suspensions, making it is perfect for measuring very valuable or extremely small or hazardous samples.