A method for quantitation of fulvic fraction (FF) and sulphonated humic acid (SHA) in commercial humic products using A-TEEM technology combined with PARAFAC, PCA and PLS analyses will be presented. This method provides a much-needed alternative to the existing hydrophobic fulvic quantitation method, which does not quantitate the whole FF, and also a method for quantitation of acid-soluble SHA, which is not amenable to existing HA gravimetric quantitation methods.
What the audience will learn:
- What are fulvic fractions (FF) and sulphonated humic acids (SHA) and why they present quantitation challenges.
- Sample preparation for fulvic fraction and SHA samples
- Collection of A-TEEM data
- PARAFAC analysis to identify common PARAFAC components
- Various multivariate analysis techniques such as PARAFAC, PLS, PCA
Who should attend:
Anyone interested in development of quantitation of fluorophore-containing complex mixtures of samples.