This application links road-based RDE tests to the chassis lab and uplifts the process of delivering RDE tests for validation, verification and certification.
The application generates RDE data from real-world testing that can be used throughout the development cycle from concept through to certification.
Test success rates and efficiency are pushed to over 90% by RDE CoDriver, the app-based driver’s aid that gives the tester access to real-time feedback.
Information is post-processed and transferred from the road test to the lab automation systems, ready for accurate RDE test replication.
Getting RDE testing right first time reduces program time and cost and reduces the number of vehicle prototypes.
Time and Cost Savings from Improved Productivity
- More efficient program planning
- Increased resource utilization
- CoDriver driver’s aid gives real-time feedback on RDE metrics to ensure that test criteria are met on the road
- Increased RDE road test success rate to over 90%
- Higher facility throughput and PEMS utilization
Confidence, Robustness and Accuracy Improvements
- Automated data capture and seamless transfer to HORIBA VETS for Road-to-Rig RDE replication in the lab
- Improved governance, traceability and data recall
- Better accuracy with new exhaust flow measurement systems
- Better correlation with the lab