Field Service Engineer
HORIBA's automotive team is expanding and is looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join them. Our head Office is based in Northampton
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The servicing and support of Horiba ATS equipment This work will include, but not be limited, to: installation and commissioning, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting / field rectification, service technical support and customer training.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- To carry out routine maintenance and servicing and breakdown repairs of Horiba equipment - primarily on customer sites but occasionally in the company service workshop.
- Support installation, commissioning activities, field troubleshooting and upgrade campaigns. To train customers in the proper operation of the equipment where required.
- To train customers in the routine maintenance of the equipment where required. From time to time provide more detailed Service Technical Reports on specific product or customer issues.
- To provide telephone technical support to customers as and when practical.
- To train other service personnel in service of equipment - by a combination of “formal” written and verbal presentation at base and on the job training at customer sites.
- To attend project meetings and report back to other members of the department as necessary.
- From time to time to report warranty problems back to the manufacturing company using the CS sheet system
- To undertake other tasks as directed in support of the service organisation.
- Responsibilities common to all members of the Service Department:
- To carry out all activities with proper regard for personal safety and the safety of colleagues and customers.
- To conduct business with customers in a professional and courteous manner under all circumstances.
- To work in conjunction with Service Coordinators/Team Leaders to ensure efficient coverage of customer sites and maintain Horiba’s reputation for fast response.
- To keep abreast of relevant product developments and in particular to maintain any product information in an up-to-date and orderly manner.
- To ensure that all work and parts are properly recorded and Service Reports are completed and forwarded to relevant Service Coordinators in a timely manner.
- To ensure proper control and security of vehicle spares stocks (Where applicable)
- To maintain personal and departmental equipment in a safe and tidy state.
- Responsibility for Health and Safety, risk assessments within HORIBA and client sites
This job description only contains the main accountabilities relating to the job and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Skills and Experience :
· Previous Engineering experience
· Computer literate.
· MS Office.
· Good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
· Recognised Apprenticeship in Electrical/Electro-Mechanical discipline.
· Experience in Automotive Testing or Research & Development environment.
· Knowledge of Speed Drive control systems.
· Knowledge of Gas Analysis
Personal Qualities :
· Well organised, flexible, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written, focused, motivational, ability to prioritise workload and work under own initiative.
As well as a competitive salary and car allowance, we offer a flexible benefits package which includes private medical plan, medical cashplan, shopping discounts and much more.
HORIBA UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from people of all ages, gender, ethnicities, nationalities, disabilities, religions, skin colour and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.