This application links a plethora of virtual tools to HORIBA’s portfolio of hardware and test automation software.
This model-based approach allows ‘front-loading’ and more accurate and robust target setting within the early phases of a product development program. Virtual environments and vehicles can be used to follow a scenario-based development methodology. By linking environment and vehicle simulation to HORIBA test automation software, RDE+ enables development and validation using hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) systems to optimize emissions for real and virtual RDE scenarios.
Use of virtual vehicles and environments for validation eliminates the need for hardware and expensive environmental road testing, leading to increased confidence in the design. This allows safer and earlier decisions to be made in the vehicle development programme, resulting in huge time and cost savings.
Time and Cost Savings from Program Front-Loading
- Early development and optimization of prototype propulsion and vehicles
- Early data to support advanced design freeze
- Reduction in prototype hardware required
Advantages of Scenario-Based Development
- Early program running of scenarios for future legislation
- Identification of worst-case RDE scenarios for robust validation
Model-Based Development–Virtual Calibration
- Explore more of the design space, more effectively
- Rapid optimization based on accurate response measurements
- Rapid optimization of control systems