Supply Chain Manager
HORIBA is a global group of companies that develops, manufactures and provides an extensive array of analytical and measurement equipment to countries around the world. HORIBA Instruments Inc. a leading manufacturer of scientific instruments has an immediate opening for a Supply Chain Manager in our Piscataway, N.J. location. The ideal candidate will be responsible for obtaining forecast information from Product Line Managers and translating that information into a demand plan that will drive the procurement and production of products in a timely and cost effective manner.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible to:
- Maintain the demand plan for core product lines manufactured at our Piscataway facility. This includes making sure that supplies are available as needed to meet the change within the demand plan
- Manage the day-to-day activities of five Planner/Buyers in accordance with HORIBA policy and procedures
- Manage and update master data in SAP to drive demand properly
- Manage the supplier selection process as well as relationships with existing suppliers. This includes performing annual risk assessments and implementing mitigation plans when needed as well as maintaining and assessing the approved supplier list
- Works closely with production managers to make sure production order are completed as per the plan
- Update and improve performance on adherence to KPI targets, such as supplier On Time Delivery Quality and Inventory turnover
- Work with cross functional teams in implementing process improvements within the organization
- The Supply Chain Manager will be a part of the HORIBA global production team and will participate in global strategy meetings
- Experience developing and implementing strategic sourcing plans
- Strong negotiation, leadership and managerial skills
- Proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Team player able to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Solid decision making skills
- Knowledge of SAP
- Bachelors degree in business related area, Supply Chain Management preferred
- Minimum years of purchasing experience,preferably in the manufacturing of analytical instrumentation or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Prior management experience a must
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email HR REPRESENTATIVE, Patricia.Lee@Horiba.com for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
Click to apply