Process and Environment Sales Engineer (Gas)
Sales Engineer – Process and Environment (Gas).
Based at: Home and travel to the Northampton facility and customer locations throughout the UK and to HORIBA Group companies abroad is required.
Hours: The basic hours are 35 per week, but the job holder is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill their duties to the satisfaction of the Director.
Main purpose of the role: Manage the sales activities within the HUK territory ensuring that customer requirements are met throughout the sales and after sales process
- Work closely with the Europe Process and Environment segment to develop and implement marketing strategies in the UK and Eire.
- Establish new OEM and end-user accounts.
- Give technical sales presentations to existing and potential customers.
- Increase company revenue by overseeing and directing marketing & sales activities for potential and existing customers.
- To ensure that the sales achieved match the agreed budgets and forecasts. Deviations should be analysed and correction plans developed where necessary.
- The Sales Manager retains overall responsibility for their projects from quotation through customer acceptance and post sales.
- The Sales Manager determines pricing to the market including products, projects, service contracts and spare parts pricing.
- Assess and motivate direct reports to ensure they fulfil their potential.
- Provide customer visit reports.
- Provide monthly activity reports.
- Degree / HND technical discipline.
- Experience: >3 years technical experience, (preferably within the ambient air monitoring and/or combustion fields).
- Familiar with gas metrology methodologies.
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to motivate and manage subordinates.
- Technical aptitude, Forecasting, Negotiation Skills.
- PC Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email etc.
This job description only contains the main accountabilities relating to the job and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Skills and experience:
- A good understanding of the current requirements of the ambient and combustion fields.
- A good understanding of the equipment and systems necessary to meet the market requirements.
- The ability to develop long term relationships with customers.
- A proven track record of successful technical sales to a relevant industry.
- Well organized
- Good time management
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- A proven track record of successful technical sales.
- Ability to make and deliver a strategy.
- UK Driving license.
- A degree in a relevant subject, such as environmental science or chemistry.
- The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, both with customers and within the company.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and be able to set and work to priorities.
Although the role is home based extensive travel throughout the UK and Europe is required to fulfil the role, therefore nights away from home are required on a regular basis.
If you would like more information or to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org