Customer Group - Programme Manager
HORIBA MIRA is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding. Our suite of 37 major test facilities, 100km of specialised proving ground and wealth of engineering experience, combined with our expanding international presence, means we are confident that we can achieve our vision – that by 2020 every journey in the world will be positively influenced by us.
Progress towards achieving our vision has been significantly accelerated through the creation of MIRA Technology Park, Europe’s largest transport technology R&D cluster. By applying our advanced engineering, test and validation capabilities to our customers’ challenging programmes, we are already shaping journeys of the future
Main Purpose of Job
- Ownership and leadership of a group of projects across the whole business with a common theme such as customer, technology, geography or project management methodology. This includes;
- Ensure successful delivery of projects and a consistent customer experience which is responsive to their needs, with high customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the primary customer contact and point of escalation for projects.
- Works closely with the commercial team to manage the group / account to deliver profitable sales volume, growth and high quality proposals.
- Responsible for managing and leading the delivery of specific group projects within MIRA.
- Ensuring projects achieve at least ‘as sold’ project performance (cost, quality and timing).
- Satisfying or exceeding the expectations of our internal and external stakeholders.
- Within larger projects that are allocated to you, you will lead junior PM’s so that they can develop, and actively contribute to the project success.
- You will provide a mentor role to other PM’s, enabling them to develop and maximise their potential within the business.
- Develop business forecasts within an assigned Capability Group(s) providing detailed knowledge and insight.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction (using Net Promotor Score), drives action to continuously improve to meet/exceed company targets.
- Work with commercial team to seek out new opportunities to deliver new/additional value-adding services and solutions to the customer to enhance their business and ours.
- Work with commercial team to create and manage overall account plan and stakeholder management plan.
- Serve as the primary customer contact and advocate for escalated project issues and requests, leading on rapid issue containment and resolution, pulling in cross-functional teams as required.
- Work across the business to continuously make it easier for the customer to do business with us creating an environment of trust with the customer for ease of negotiations.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs and challenges from a technical and financial perspective.
- Establish solid relationships amongst the customer team up to senior management level as required.
- Chairs and leads HORIBA MIRA customer account governance/steering meetings.
- Develop business forecasts including financial Revenue & Value Added Revenue (VAR) summaries together with providing detailed knowledge and insight.
- Pro-actively manage project to deliver project objectives as efficiently as possible. Considerations will include;
- risk & opportunities (including contingency management),
- resources (people, materials and facilities),
- methodology, process compliance.
- Work with Project Technical Lead to identify and secure the necessary support from resource providers within MIRA.
- Provide non-technical representation of MIRA and the Project Team to our customer and internal stakeholders.
- Present project status to the business and the customer.
- Initiate and Chair project internal / external meetings as appropriate.
- Apply and actively contribute to MIRA capability and processes.
- Share knowledge and experience with your colleagues within PM and the business to ensure best practise and process is consistently applied.
- Support and positively influence others within MIRA who have project management responsibilities.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Programme Management Function Group.
- Support Corporate policies, strategies and initiatives.
- Typically 7+ years of Project Management experience.
- Leading teams of 2-20 people.
- Managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Working within, and contributing to processes and identified best practise.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular MSOffice (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- MSProject skills.
- In-depth competence of specific PM skills (for example EVM, risk management, Agile).
- Customer account management.
- Project delivery in a dynamic multi-function, cross industry engineering business, with an international client basis .
- Project management of collaborative research projects e.g. Innovate UK.
- Project management of Defence sector projects.
- Security Clearance.
- Project management of business operations
- Commercial Acumen
- Programme Management
- Requirements / Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Risk, opportunity and issue Management
- Budgeting and cost control
- Task Management
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering or technical field (experience indicating strong technical / industry knowledge also acceptable).
HORIBA MIRA has 70 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.