Functional Safety Consultant (P)
HORIBA MIRA is looking for a Functional Safety Consultant to join a unique and growing team. Based at the heart of the UK automotive industry, they will form part of the growth strategy within HORIBA MIRA. This role will include, but not be limited to, delivering and developing MIRA’s trusted functional safety service, including:
- Delivery of functional safety engineering services through the whole-vehicle’s development lifecycle
- Research and development of new functional safety services and products
- Supporting the wider multi-disciplinary team of Cybersecurity, Electromagnetic Resilience and Functional Safety experts in developing and delivering integrated Vehicle Resilience services.
This technical role requires a highly motivated individual with experience in risk-driven engineering methods, safety analysis and creative but structured problem resolution.
We are offering the chance to work in a world-class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise. We offer full-system design, test and integration expertise to automotive, defence, rail and transport industries and also specialise in developing low carbon and autonomous and co-operative driving technologies.
To be successful in this role we are looking for individuals that have experience in:
- Delivering ISO 26262 to vehicle manufacturers and tier 1 suppliers covering all aspects of the safety lifecycle
- Safety analyses techniques, with broad exposure to different processes, methodologies and stakeholder objectives
- Functional safety planning & management
- Identifying hazards, performing risk assessment and classification
- User and systems level requirements capture, management and technical review
- Preparing safety cases (including safety arguments)
- System level architectural design and technical review
- Technical leadership of small project teams
- Tendering process and preparation of project proposals
- Developing and delivering training courses
- Deliver a high standard of technical writing
- Present technical information confidently to customers
- Be a self-starter and able to execute designated tasks accurately and within timing and budget constraints
- Strong analytical skills – rigorous but pragmatic, being able to justify decisions with solid rationale
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Manage and lead a small group of technical engineers
- Educated to degree level in electrical/electronic engineering, systems engineering or a relevant related discipline
- Working toward or have corporate membership of an engineering institution including Chartered Engineer qualification
HORIBA MIRA has 70 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Please note; the role will involve the successful candidate to travel and work flexibly. The job is likely to involve periods of 1 week at a time spent overseas approximately 6 to 8 times per year. The job may also involve extended placements at customer facilities requiring travel within the UK or Europe for 1 to 4 days per week for a significant period.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, this role does meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.