IT Infrastructure Manager
IT Infrastructure Manager
HORIBA is a global group of companies that develops, manufactures and provides an extensive array of analytical and measurement equipment to countries around the world. HORIBA INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATED (HII) corporate offices are located in Irvine, CA.
We are searching for an experienced hands-on IT Infrastructure manager to join the team at our Irvine corporate office. The Infrastructure manager is responsible for the design, architecture, and support of the Enterprise Infrastructure. The Infrastructure Systems Manager will be a member of the IT team supporting all network, server, phone, and data-center infrastructure across all locations. The ideal candidate for this role will have proven experience leading high performing teams with both on premise and cloud based systems. In this role, you will need to work with internal customers and have an attention to detail to maintain a high-performance and secure network.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS:
- Plan and direct technical and design aspects of IT infrastructure
- Manage IT team to maintain the IT infrastructure components (Servers, Firewall, Routers, Switches, Data centers, Data backups)
- Manage network and endpoint monitoring, plan resources for high availability of IT infrastructure and data
- Manage all necessary resources to provide high quality of service to users
- Interface with applications owners and managers to ensure application availability, data security and data integrity
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Acts as an escalation point for Infrastructure and network teams.
- Develops and matures processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Works with the team to determine root cause of issues and communicates appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Provide budgetary inputs to maintain services and add value to our overall customer experience.
- Works with the IT personnel to:
- Monitor, Troubleshoot and maintain infrastructure configurations
- Develop specifications, standards, and documentation for the infrastructure
- Works with vendors for issue escalation
- Maintain inventory of network hardware and switches in the datacenter and other locations
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Provide on call assistance and support of production business systems on a rotating basis for after-hours support
- Trains, coaches, and mentors Infrastructure team personnel including career development.
- Provide guidance to employees and IT staff on IT best practices with focus on security.
- Be a trusted adviser to the customer facing business units and IT team
- Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity and efficiency by using data provided by the service desk.
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience with or administration of OS, core infrastructure hardware, (O365, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
- Experience in design and administration of all IT infrastructure components.
- Knowledgeable about virtual and SAS environments with project management skills
- Strong knowledge of database systems, SharePoint, windows, Office365 with some programming skills
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizing skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
EDUCATION LEVEL/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in discipline appropriate to assignment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Related certifications will be helpful. The candidate must have 3+ years of experience managing a team in an enterprise environment.
- 10+years’ experience in IT
- 5+ years of intimate experience working on Networking, Server, Storage, or equivalent platforms
- ITILv3 Certification preferred
- Operational experience with networking and security
- Stellar communication skills
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: HORIBA Instruments Incorporated offers a competitive compensation package that includes 401(k) plan with employer match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 446-7422 ext 1113 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
Click to apply