Manufacturing Process Engineer
Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate is a strategic-minded, hands-on, analytical and dynamic individual who specializes in manufacturing process and layout design, operation and implementation. The successful candidate will oversee, assess and optimize new and existing manufacturing processes, workflows and layouts, in order to reduce cost and meet fluctuating customers’ demand.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will be a critical member of the Manufacturing team that will help improve overall manufacturing processes through analysis and strategic and tactical planning. The successful candidate is highly technical and is able to see the big picture and how each individual part of the process affects other pieces. The Manufacturing Process Engineer will find efficient/optimal ways to use all resources: machines/tools, materials, and operators, to maximize manufacturing throughput and profit.
The chosen candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership, organization and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to interpret and analyze large amounts of data.
- Conduct research, time and motion studies and value stream mapping to develop new and improved processes for manufacturing. Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data.
- Use research on the production floor to create strategic and tactical plans to reduce/eliminate inefficiencies/waste identified. This includes preparing presentations to help management in decision making.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing management on the release of new products to manufacturing. Build and assess prototypes to optimize production and routing times.
- Design and plan equipment and process layouts on the production floor, for new products released to Manufacturing as well as production ramp-ups to meet customers’ demands. Plan workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to optimize manufacturing efficiency.
- Evaluate all building layouts and recommend changes to layout and improvements to all product flow.
- Capacity planning for production lines. Assess all resources needed for production ramp-ups. Identify and solve bottlenecks, plan for optimal process flow and line balancing.
- Review and calculate labor, material and other production needs to plan future production requirements and assist management in decision making.
- Optimize productivity by designing, implementing and testing new procedures. Reduce waste in production by applying lean manufacturing principles.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform process simulations to test and find the most appropriate production strategies.
- Maintain production documentation related to new products released to manufacturing and process changes.
- Conducts risk assessments. Periodically review inventory of equipment, fixtures, tools, gauges, etc.
- Assess compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Management or engineering related field.
- 2+ years of successful experience preferably as a manufacturing, process or industrial engineer.
- Proficient with the entire MS Office suite. Advanced Excel and Visio skills. Knowledge of simulation software, Python, SAP and CAD software a plus.
- Proven ability to identify, assess, solve problems and implement process improvements.
- Leadership and teamwork skills. Ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding analytical, math, organizational, and problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively relate to and communicate with members from multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong ability to prepare presentations to illustrate and communicate plans effectively.
- Solid time management skills. Ability to concentrate on meeting objectives and performance. Flexibility and ability to multi-task several priorities when encountering evolving business goals.
- Knowledge and experience with Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing techniques/methods. Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory concepts and SAP a plus.
Click to apply.