Optical Design Engineer
HORIBA is a global group of companies that develops, manufactures and provides an extensive array of analytical and measurement equipment to countries around the world. HORIBA Instruments Inc. which specializes in scientific instruments has an opening for an Optical Design Engineer in its Piscataway, New Jersey office.
The Optical Design Engineering shall be the optical design authority within the product design team for concept design, detailed design, prototyping, transition-to-production and process development.
- Responsible for all optical aspects of product development including: feasibility studies, design, testing, lab set up, data acquisition, data analysis, and other evaluations for prototype and production hardware.
- Prepare specifications, test plans, detailed work instructions, procedures and technical data packages.
- Assist with troubleshooting of design or fabrication problems with opto-mechanical sub-systems in production.
- Performs prototype design, assembly and tests.
- Provides documentation support.
- Must be able to work both independently and in collaboration with the R&D team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physics, Optics or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years’ experience; or Master’s degree with 1 years’ experience in optical design and engineering of complex optical and opto-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and experience in UV, visible and infrared optical design, analysis and tolerancing. Experience designing complex optical assemblies in OSLO or ZEMAX and performing tolerance analysis, performance modeling, stray light analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in full life cycle of product development, from proof of concept, development and transition to production.
- Excellent analytical and technical problem-solving skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with the principals of spectroscopy is a plus.
- Experience with Creo / Pro Engineer is a plus.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident required
Horiba offers a full benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life & Disability
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
Click to Apply