Powertrain Project Engineer
6 Month Contract - Inside IR35
We are looking for a Powertrain Project Engineer to support on a 6 months contract, to deliver and support the delivery of vehicle emissions tests throughout the powertrain and emissions department.
- To liaise with technical authorities regarding any type approval activities happening within the facilities. Supporting the facility to ensure total compliance with the regulations and advise on customer projects
- To support internal research projects working closely alongside global Horiba Colleagues.
- To support the engineering team in all aspects of Vehicle Emissions test processes, test procedures and operational excellence
- Robustly manage any issues and risks using a structured problem and risk resolution process, such as 8D
- Provide a Customer Focused operation and provide assurance using customer direct contact, customer feedback and lessons learned activities
- Commercial awareness to ensure opportunities are identified and developed with focus on future investment plan requirements
- Good communication skills to liaise with customers, suppliers, technician and engineering teams
- High level of organisation/administrative ability. Proactive with a minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver on several projects at once whilst balancing conflicting priorities and requests.
- Fully understand the requirements of vehicle test programmes and ability to communicate the requirements clearly to the team.
- Experience of type approval and certification processes
- Project delivery experience and good presentation skills
- Exhaust emissions testing experience (NEDC/WLTP/FTP/RDE)
- Good understanding of emissions measurement procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of emissions regulations
- Experience of Hybrid and EV technologies and testing requirements
- Exposure to Horiba test lab equipment
- Instrumentation experience
- Experience of calibration tools e.g. INCA, DiagRA, ATI.
- Knowledge of STARS VETS software
- Understanding the role of engine management systems
- Understanding of diesel, gasoline and alternative engine technologies
- Emissions aftertreatment technologies e.g. 3-way catalyst, oxidation catalyst, LNT, SCR, DPF, GPF
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to deal directly with customers and type approval agencies
- Ability to assimilate regulatory documents and apply to the test process
- Ability to deliver on customer projects whilst balancing conflicting priorities and requests.
- Ability to generate and distribute clear work instructions to operational team
- Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Full Driving Licence For Passenger Cars
- Masters in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates for this role should be prepared to work extended hours and travel overseas on project work.
- Be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, Type Approval Authorities, HORIBA MIRA engineers or unsupervised to carry out work programmes
- Be competent to organise and or carry out unsupervised - Planned Facility Maintenance, deal with Breakdowns and Repairs
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment both locally and internationally
- Work to excellent Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to
- Use initiative and employ appropriate innovation to work tasks.
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good problem-solving skills
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.