Product Design Engineer
HORIBA UK are looking for a Product Design engineer to join their Product development team based in Northampton.
Below are some of the key responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure the development of new products is compliant with corporate and legislative guidelines
- Provide accurate and timely reports on feasibility studies and new products
- Research concept ideas using basic components to work out whether a new development or innovation would work and be cost effective.
- Lead on complex major new products requiring innovative, original solutions, providing technical expertise to the team.
- Plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously including estimating and tracking projects completion times and budgets
- Identify and deploy the technical skill set, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Analyse design proposals and technical information in order to identify the issues arising during development, defining and intuiting adequate solutions in order to reach a feasible proposal with a high degree of conformity to the Company Design Criteria
- Perform calculations required to ensure safe, correct and economical designs are created.
- Responsible for developing detailed drawings and Bills of Materials (BOM) and Routing.
- Create Component drawings to meet BS8888 and to a level that external suppliers can manufacture parts.
- Create Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID) for new products where required
- Create Electrical specification and functional Design Briefs taking into account EMC and electrical safety
- Previous Engineering experience of +5 years.
- Experience in 3D Mechanical CAD software or equivalent, Pro Engineer or Solidworks advantageous.
- Ability to Design products, Systems, Processes and Layouts.
- Ability to Create Component drawings to meet BS8888 and to a level that external suppliers can manufacture parts.
- Ability to create Assembly drawings of complex products with exploded views and BOM tables
- Experience of FMEA (failure Mode Effect Analysis) and ECO Design Techniques.
- Extensive work experience in Test Instrumentation and, preferably automotive.
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity and creativity.
- Working knowledge in drawing office methods and practices as well as good Component and Assembly drawing creation.
You will have the ability to have the initiative to work on your own. We are looking for that individual with highly organised, methodical and a structured work ethic.
We offer a flexible benefits package which includes private medical plan, cashplan, shopping discounts and much more.
If you are interested please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.