The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
And for years, HORIBA Scientific’s OEM division has been the preferred, reliable and consistent supplier of OEM spectroscopy components throughout the world … offering a complete range of OEM imaging miniature spectrographs and spectrometers along with CCD, Photodiode array (CMOS) and InGaAs detectors that operate from the UV through to the NIR. Our high reliability products and know-how are leveraged in a wide range of high-tech industries such as: Medical, Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical and Biotech to name a few.
Presently, our HORIBA Scientific OEM Division is searching for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer for our North American operation located in Piscataway, New Jersey. The ideal candidate will possess a strong electronics design and development background and will provide project leadership, as well as, individual technical contributions to an engineering team focusing on the design and development of CCD / CMOS high-speed imaging systems. If you are a self-motivated individual with passion for your work that has garnered success in leading and contributing to team oriented product development efforts, please keep reading and visit our corporate website www.horiba.com to learn more.
- Advanced degree preferred in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 7+ years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of a BSEE degree with 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Will accept 15+ years of equivalent engineering design experience associated with designing instrumentation products, analytical instruments and/or related embedded control systems.
- Lead project contributor to system architecture and development of CCD / CMOS Imaging Systems.
- Involvement and oversight in all phases of the product development cycle including: requirement definition, design, qualification and production support.
- Design of High-speed Analog / Digital circuits including board level test/debug & system integration.
- Selection and implementation of microprocessors and embedded controllers (ARM-based, Xilinx Zync/Ultra Scale).
- FPGA Design; Verilog and/or VHDL, Altera and/or Xilinx tools (Quartus, ISE, Vivado)
- Supervision of PCB layout/routing requirements for new products.
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this knowledge to develop cost effective, highly reliable CCD/CMOS Detection Systems.
- Experience with data acquisition systems incorporating high speed interfaces such as USB 2/3, Gig-E & EtherCAT.
- Exposure to system level power distribution design and power management techniques.
- Ability to guide and oversee PCB CAD designers, and provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
- Experience performing trade studies / tradeoff analyses for cost and performance.
- Familiarity with high speed test equipment including: oscilloscopes, logic & spectrum analyzers.
- Sound test & troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership and management skills
- Strong problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of CCD and CMOS imager architectures a plus.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics for schematic capture and PCB layout/routing
- Design experience with Renesas RZ/T1 and Cypress FX2/FX3 processors
- Expertise in AC-DC & DC-DC converter topologies and associated design techniques for low noise data acquisition platforms.
- Product design experience in meeting CE & LVD Safety directives.
Click to apply