HORIBA is seeking an Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join a dynamic, growing and well-established technology company, working with a team of engineers and scientists bringing new products from development to production. The Opto-Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for executing new product and product improvement designs for advanced optical spectroscopy systems, for a range of applications leveraging HORIBA technology. The successful candidate will have experience with optical systems, including spectrometer design, optical probes, scientific cameras and detectors, fiber and free space coupled optics, lasers and lasers light alignment.
- Develops diagrams, layout drawings and engineering specifications for original system design or existing system
- Creates and/or updates all required engineering drawings, instructions or other documentation for customer approval prior to manufacture or installation.
- Supports Marketing and Sales by providing cost estimates, reviewing requests for quotation, by traveling to customer sites to provide technical support.
- Identifies discrepancies between specifications, scope of work and quotes; initiates appropriate Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
- Creates project schedule for completion of all engineering tasks and documentation required to manufacture, perform quality assurance, install, certify and service the equipment.
- Tracks product status from inception to completion; responds to requests for clarification.
- Ability to work effectively with Marketing, Sales, production engineering groups, manufacturing, quality assurance and other internal departments to ensure timely and cost-effective project completion.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Physics, Optical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years hands-on design and development in analytical instrumentation or related industry.
- Proficient with optical analysis, including sequential and non-sequential analysis, using Zemax or equivalent tools.
- Proficient with mechanical design using preferably ProE.
- Experience with optical fixtures, optical system calibration and, lasers and lasers light alignment.
- Proficient with laboratory instrumentation
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel requirement up to 30% domestic and international as needed
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call (732)494-8660 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
Click to apply