HORIBA Scientific is our global team focused on improving and exceeding customers’ present and future needs by integrating the scientific market expertise and resources of HORIBA. HORIBA Scientific product offerings encompass elemental analysis, fluorescence, forensics, GDS, ICP, particle characterization, Raman, spectral ellipsometry, sulfur-in-oil, water quality, and XRF. Prominent absorbed brands include Jobin Yvon, Glen Spectra, IBH, SPEX, Instruments S.A, ISA, Dilor, Sofie, SLM, and Beta Scientific. By combining the strengths of the research, development, applications, sales, service and support organizations of all, HORIBA Scientific offers researchers the best products and solutions while expanding our superior service and support with a truly global network.
We currently have an Production Technician opening in our Piscataway facility.
Essential Job Functions:
Operation of vacuum coating machines:
Includes start-up process each morning, loading of the coater for daily production with gratings and essential materials for producing gratings. Operation would also include learning and running each cycle, from pump down to high vacuum. Also the coating process itself, when desired vacuum is attained, and unloading of the optics when the process is finished.
Maintenance of coaters, including cleaning one machine each week
This entails the use of chemicals like sodium hydroxide to remove old material from the bell jar and coater components. Maintenance also includes changing of expendable components like filaments in the coater on a regular basis. Train to make repairs and diagnose problems when they occur.
- Early morning cleaning of diffraction gratings, involving the removal of epoxy by use of razor blade (on square parts), and the use of a company designed motor driven cleaning fixture with a machine chuck, razor blade also required (on round parts). This entails: the operator has to use chemicals for the cleaning process such as acetone to remove any remnants of the epoxy in the cleaning processes. Where needed, a respirator must be used. Able to maintain daily process flow from cleaning to curing ovens, to other areas for processing. (i.e. take-apart part area).
- Cleaning and assembling high precision optical and mechanical components such as spectrometers, diffraction gratings, miniaturized motor assembly, ESD sensitive opto-sensors (CCD and PDA…) and electronics boards following work instructions.
- Use of epoxy resins, glues and small machines. Packaging and Handling of both fragile and heavy parts.
- Precise Optical alignments as part of manufacturing of Spectrometers.
- Optimization and Test with automated software and test equipment.
- Use of PC, Excel and customer software to record traceability and performance (Pass/Fail criteria).
- Ability to work in a team environment, and to lift heavy equipment. Must be able to read, comprehend and follow written procedures / work instructions. Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions. Attention to detail required.
- MUST have Experience with vacuum coaters, especially diffusion pump systems. Basic mechanical, electrical, and plumbing skills, ladder diagram and schematic reading would be extremely helpful.
- Must be able to perform fine optical alignments. Attention to details required. Able to lift heavy equipment. Must adhere to strict ESD and Cleanroom policies.
- Background in electronics and small parts handling. Ability to read CAD drawings and identify parts using Bill of materials to perform mechanical assembly of electro-mechanical and optical sub-assemblies and devices.
HORIBA offers a full benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life& Disability
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
Visit our website at www.horiba.com
HORIBA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!
Click to apply