Regional Product Manager - Fluorescence Spectroscopy
At HORIBA UK, we are a looking for an individual to support the sales and market development teams with in-depth technical knowledge on products, competitors, applications and markets for HORIBA's fluorescence spectroscopy product portfolio.
The role will have you engaging with internal and external stakeholders whilst using market data, competitive analysis and understanding of customer needs to enable you to work with our global Centres of Excellence to define our UK fluorescence spectroscopy product strategy towards sustainable growth.
You will develop and lead product-focused marketing campaigns, working closely with sales managers to ensure effective execution of the campaigns to drive new sales into targeted markets.
- Provide technical support on fluorescence spectroscopy products to the sales team for customer visits, discussions, quotations and tender responses.
- Work closely with the Applications Scientists to support customer demonstrations, and direct lab measurements required for proof materials, competitive arguments and lock-out specifications.
- Develop sales tools, proof materials, arguments, and competitive product analysis for the fluorescence spectroscopy products.
- Develop counter arguments to fluorescence spectroscopy competitors' sales arguments and marketing material and become an expert with respect to the competition.
- Ensure that teams have appropriate particle characterisation product information, technical specifications and resources, proof material and customer/market/product direction to sell products effectively within the UK market.
- To develop, enhance and document fluorescence spectroscopy product and positioning strategy.
- Develop and drive market-led product-focused marketing campaigns for the fluorescence spectroscopy portfolio that align with HORIBA UK's strategic drivers and global megatrends.
- Collaborate closely with market development and sales managers in the execution of marketing and sales campaigns in target markets and applications.
- Provide effective communication from the external market to HORIBA's fluorescence spectroscopy Centres of Excellence with regard to market requirements and development of specifications. Develop this through proactive engagement with stakeholders - visits, customer seminars, attendance at exhibitions and shows etc.
- Provide effective communication to the sales and marketing teams to ensure product releases and updates are effective and timely.
- Promote potential improvements to established designs, identifying feature enhancement and positioning opportunities which can be communicated back to HORIBA's Centres of Excellence.
- Manage the existing and future fluorescence spectroscopy product portfolio within the UK, through close collaboration with the global Product Management teams.
- Support the wider global Product Management organisation with UK-related voice of customer, requirements and feedback relating to fluorescence spectroscopy products, and identification of potential global opportunities.
- Timely reporting for management purposes.
- An excellent understanding of spectroscopy techniques including both steady-state and time-resolved fluorescence and phosphorescence, and methodologies including anisotropy, EEM (excitation-emission matrix), TCSPC (time-correlated single photon counting), PLQY (photoluminescence quantum yields) and FLIM (fluorescence life time imaging).
- An excellent understanding of the application of fluorescence spectroscopy to typical industrial and academic fields, including (but not limited to) chemistry, bio-chemistry, physics, display technology, sensors, water quality, food science, environmental research and life sciences.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting in front of large scientific and senior management audiences.
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding.
- Used to working in global matrix style organisations.
- Ability to influence and manage direct and indirect stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft office user (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
International/National travel will be required to undertake the role.
HORIBA UK offers a flexible benefits package which includes private medical care, medical cashplan, company pension, shopping discounts and much much more.