MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This role is responsible for identifying, developing and managing business opportunities across a variety of strategic target markets utilising products from across the HORIBA portfolio and focus will be on increasing and maintaining market share.
Across the region the role will target OEM’s, system integrators, end users, academic and research establishments using your experience in consultative sales and key account management which will be supported by a team of product and industry specialists.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Take full regional ownership for managing and growing HORIBA UK’s revenue in key target markets
· Identify/Develop/Lead/Co-ordinate/Manage relationships with target customers and key accounts.
· Provide input to Marketing, Marcoms, Product Development and segment heads related to activities for HORIBA UK to achieve and accelerate profitable market growth
· Build a credible and validated pipeline of new business opportunities aligned with HORIBA’s core technologies
· Execute sales campaigns that align with HORIBA UK’s strategic drivers and global megatrends.
· Lead a Key Account Management approach in relation to large strategic accounts
· Work towards exceeding annual sales revenue and profit targets
· Identification and prioritisation of target customers, projects and applications in target markets
· Work closely with UK Market Development and Product Specialists to execute sales campaigns
· Maintain effective reporting of all accounts using CRM and Miller Heiman Blue sheet for Key Accounts
· Timely reporting for management purposes
· Work collaboratively with colleagues as required across EMEA, Asia, and US
· Manage expenses effectively and submit on a weekly / monthly basis
· Proactively promote and follow HSE practices, manage risk and take appropriate action with regard to reporting and avoiding all incidents, near misses and hazards.
· To take part in continuous improvement initiatives and projects including those associated with “BlackJack”
· To promote the vision and values of the HORIBA organisation
· Flexible to carry out any other tasks in accordance with departmental and organisational needs.
· Appropriate national/international travel.
The above is not an exhaustive list, and you will be expected to perform duties in order to facilitate the department and organisation in achieving its’ objectives.
Skills and Experience:
· Technical product sales experience (min 10 years) with awareness of all or some of the following:
o Optical Spectroscopy techniques
o Scientific measurement and analytical instruments
o Process measurement and control Instrumentation
· Key Account Management experience with a minimum of 5 years selling into key markets including:
o Industry (OEM’s, End Users)
o Research (Universities and Private Research institutions)
o Government (Local / National)
· Pro-active and proven Sales Manager who initiates action
· Trained in consultative solution sales
· Used to developing and executing strategic and tactical sales growth plans
· Demonstrable experience of managing long sales cycle opportunities 12-24months
· Experience of growing and effectively managing large complex accounts
· Strong commercial awareness and understanding
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting in front of large senior level audiences
· Used to working in global matrix style organisations
· Ability to influence and manage direct and indirect stakeholders
· Strong Microsoft office user (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
· Fluent in English
· Full, clean driving license
· Experience of selling high value precision process instrumentation and/or scientific measurement and analytical instrumentation as well as system solutions.
· Culturally aware and experience of working with Global Teams in Europe, Asia and US
· Bachelor’s degree/ HND in technical / engineering discipline.
· Experience or knowledge of Miller Heiman Blue Sheet
· Experience of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
· CRM experience, preferably Salesforce or ACT
· Resilience and tenacity
· Focussed and Self-motivated
· Pro-active and action orientated
· Strong “active listening” ability
· Proven influencing and persuasion skills
· Structured and organised approach to work
· Ability to build effective relationships with customers and stakeholders
· Professional approach and appearance
To apply for this vacancy, Please send your cover letter and CV to HR.UK@Horiba.com