(SHE) Safety, Health & Environmental Coordinator
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To support the maintenance of the H&S and environmental management systems and act as a first point of contact for the business in these areas.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and report system elements (training, accidents, near misses, electricity usage, waste etc.).
- Lead and support the creation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Support investigation of accidents, incidents and near misses including analysis and reporting.
- Complete internal audits against ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and internal procedures.
- Undertake monthly reviews of legislation and investigate / report any changes that may have an impact on the company.
- Collect, process, analyse and report data (management system KPIs, WEEE, packaging etc.).
- Assist the management of emergency procedures including regular drills.
- Prepare and deliver in-house training material to employees.
- Undertake regular inspections at HORIBA premises and address findings (first aid kits, emergency lighting, waste management etc.).
- Carry out safety inspections at customer premises and ensure required actions are completed.
- Administer online system tools to aid employee training, vehicle and driving licence checks.
- Maintain health & safety and environmental information on SharePoint sites.
- Support the company health & safety committee and environmental awareness teams.
- Provide support to the Facilities Team regarding the management of contractor health, safety and environmental paperwork.
- Proactively promote and follow HSE practices, manage risk and take appropriate action with regard to reporting and avoiding all incidents, near misses and hazards.
- To take part in continuous improvement initiatives and projects including those associated with “BlackJack”.
- To promote the vision and values of the HORIBA organisation
- Flexible to carry out any other tasks in accordance with departmental and organisational needs.
- Appropriate national/international travel.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be expected to perform other tasks in support of the overall objectives of the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of creating risk assessments & method statements.
- Knowledge of conducting safety inspections of work areas.
- Knowledge of safety and/or environmental management systems.
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels.
- Experience of handling resistance to change with positivity and diplomacy.
- Ability to support and contribute to a positive safety culture.
- NEBOSH general certificate and/or IOSH Technical Member.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Experience in a specialist H&S/environmental role.
- Experience in a manufacturing and service organisation, particularly involving electrical / electronic components and equipment.
- Experience of Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of H&S and environmental legislation.
- The ability to change approach when dealing with different personalities.
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Able to work positively within a team.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- A dynamic and positive approach to change.
- Organised with strong initiative, methodical and disciplined.