Stores Operative - 2 Years Fixed Term Contract
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To receive and send deliveries ensuring all items are correctly logged on relevant systems and are stored appropriately.
To undertake tasks to support the Stores Department in its execution of sending and receiving goods.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receiving and opening deliveries ensuring content is correct according to PO on the SAP system and is of adequate quality.
- Ensuring all goods received are appropriately labelled and placed in correct Bin locations
- Picking and packing of all orders including but not limited to Service Kits for Engineers, Sales Orders, parts for production orders and parts for sales orders
- Organising and booking couriers/delivery companies to collect and dispatch orders.
- Take part in weekly audits to ensure stores, stock and orders are completed according to HUK standards
- Ensure the Stores area is kept clean, uncluttered and safe for all to use in accordance with H&S policy.
- Proactively promote and follow HSE practices, manage risk and take appropriate action with regard to reporting and avoiding all incidents, near misses and hazards.
- To take part in continuous improvement initiatives and projects including those associated with “BlackJack”
- To promote the vision and values of the HORIBA organisation
- Flexible to carry out any other tasks in accordance with departmental and organisational needs.
- Appropriate national/international travel.
The above is not an exhaustive list, and you will be expected to perform duties in order to facilitate the department and organisation in achieving its’ objectives.
Skills and Experience:
- GCSE qualification in English and Maths at grade C/4 or above
- Ability to work unsupervised
Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience of working in a Stores environment/in a similar role
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Well organised
- Good communication skills
- Quick learner
- Excellent attention to detail