MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To source and procure components/Vendors to support the company’s assembly operation
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To source and procure components from existing and new vendors ensuring both quality, functionality and price are in line with organisational needs and budgets.
- To ensure compliance to legislation (RoHS, REACH etc) for all sourced components
- To source obsolete, end of life components as required.
- Review existing materials to rationalise and standardise component range
- Value engineer new and existing manufactured products
- To evaluate and assess new vendors and to monitor and evaluate the performance of existing vendors ensuring service and quality are delivered to HUK’s requirements.
- To work with the other buyers within the department in order to support the needs of the business and stakeholders.
- To liaise with the engineering services department to ensure component requirements are fully understood.
- Responsible for the planning and inventory control of assigned products.
- General assistance/support to the purchasing department
- Proactively promote and follow HSE practices, manage risk and take appropriate action with regard to reporting and avoiding all incidents, near misses and hazards.
- To take part in continuous improvement initiatives and projects including those associated with “BlackJack”
- To promote the vision and values of the HORIBA organisation
- Flexible to carry out any other tasks in accordance with departmental and organisational needs.
- Appropriate national/international travel.
The above is not an exhaustive list, and you will be expected to perform duties in order to facilitate the department and organisation in achieving its’ objectives.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Qualification in Purchasing and /or Membership of a relevant professional organisation.
- Experience of supply chain management within engineering or automotive industry
- Previous experience of working with SAP
- Computer Literate in Microsoft packages
- Understanding of relevant legislation (RoHS/REACH)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Technical background experience in a similar environment
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings – mechanical and electrical
- Engineering qualifications - HNC/OND/BTEC
- Experience in CREO 4 / Autocad / Windchill / PDM Link
- Ability to work unsupervised
- High level of initiative
- Ability to work well within a team environment and at all levels within a business
- Advanced communication skills written and verbal
- Methodical and Conscientious
- Confident and able to negotiate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good level of numerical understanding
- Potential for development
- Quick learner
To apply for this vacancy, Please send your cover letter and CV to HR.UK@Horiba.com