MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role is responsible for directing the medical sales team in identifying, developing and managing business opportunities across strategic target markets utilising products from across the HORIBA medical portfolio. It will manage the day to day activities of the national sales team to ensure growth of HORIBA’s revenue and profitability across our key discipline including increasing and maintaining market share.
Within the UK, the objective will be to primarily targeting public and private healthcare end users, academic and research establishments using previous experience in consultative sales and key account management which will be supported by appropriate product management/ specialists.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take full ownership for managing and growing HORIBA UK’s revenue in key target markets
• Identify/Develop/Lead/Co-ordinate/Manage relationships with target customers and key accounts by means of clarified, scheduled, and coordinated marketing led activity e.g. marketing initiatives and campaigns.
• Provide input to Marketing, Marcoms, Product Development and Segment related to activities for HORIBA UK to achieve and accelerate profitable growth.
• Own a credible and validated pipeline of new business opportunities
• Execute sales campaigns that align with HORIBA UK’s strategic drivers and global megatrends.
• Lead a Key Account Management approach in relation to large strategic accounts.
• Work towards exceeding annual sales revenue and profit targets.
• Identify and prioritise target customers, projects, and applications in target markets.
• Work closely with the UK and HQ Specialists to execute sales campaigns.
• Maintain effective reporting of all accounts using CRM and eg Miller Heiman Blue sheets
• Sustain and adhere to objectives and KPIs of HUK and team including timely reporting for management purposes.
• Responsible for ongoing sales strategy development and roll out.
• Regular review of training requirements to identify and address training gaps to ensure continual professional development of team members.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and senior management
• Attend training courses, as required, and pursue necessary personal development for effective
performance of the role.
• Adhere to HUK’s company and ISO policies and procedures.
• Proactively promote and follow HSE practices, manage risks and take appropriate action with regards
to reporting and avoiding all incidents including near misses and hazards.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and projects including those associated with
• Promote the vision and values of the HORIBA organisation.
• Flexible approach in accordance with departmental and organisational needs.
• National/international travel as required or deemed necessary.
The above is not an exhaustive list, and you will be expected to perform duties to facilitate the department and
organisation in achieving its’ objectives.
Skills and Experience:
• Technical product sales experience with awareness of NHS market
• Key Account Management experience with a minimum of 5 years selling into key markets including:
o Research (Universities and Private Research institutions)
• Pro-active and proven Sales Manager experience
• Trained in consultative solution sales
• Used to developing and executing strategic and tactical sales growth plans
• Demonstrable experience of managing long sales cycle opportunities 12-24 months
• Experience of growing and effectively managing large high value and complex accounts
• Strong commercial awareness and understanding
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting in front of large senior level audiences
• Used to working in global matrix style organisations
• Ability to influence and manage direct and indirect stakeholders through effective networking and
• Strong Microsoft office user (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Fluent in English
• Full, clean driving license
• Experience of selling system solutions.
• Cultural awareness and experience of working with international colleagues
• Bachelor’s degree/ HND in technical / engineering discipline.
• Experience or knowledge of Miller Heiman or similar approach
• Experience of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
• CRM experience, preferably Salesforce
• Resilience and tenacity
• Focussed and self-motivated
• Pro-active and action orientated
• Strong “active listening” ability
• Proven influencing and persuasion skills
• Flexibility in approach
• Structured and organised approach to work
• Ability to build effective relationships with customers and stakeholders
• Professional approach and appearance
Please send your CV and cover letter to HR.UK@Horiba.com to apply