Taking place on Thursday, April 4th in Costa Mesa, CA, the workshop will cover topics including:
1. Address policy-maker needs in regards to microplastics methods
2. Agree on the state of the science and determine the research and development needs necessary to reach shared goals
3. Co-develop a white paper reporting on best practices for microplastics analyses
4. Design a work-plan needed to develop standardized methods, including sample collection, and laboratory and data management for microplastics analysis and reporting
This workshop is an ideal opportunity to network with leading microplastics scientists and policy makers, to catch up on the state of policy and the science of microplastics. Speakers will include experts like the Deputy Director for Drinking Water for the California State Water Resources Control Board, and the Executive Director of the Ocean Protection Council.
Topics to be discussed on the state of the science, include:
• Sampling methods and extraction techniques
• Analytical techniques such as FTIR, Raman, and pyr-GC/MS.
• Standard operating procedures for the QA/QC of microplastics
• Data management/data sharing options
• Data collection programs in California
Similar events will be held. Follow us on Twitter at @hscientific to stay in touch