1. Employee Injury Prevention Programs
- Established HORIBA Safety Enhancement Week held in tandem with National Safety Week and conducted inspections by top managers of suppliers and official commendation of risk assessment promotion activities.
- Participate in "Anzen* Project" of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare since 2014.
- Submitted notifications to the government on operation base improvement (headquarters area and Aso Factory) and strengthening of safety measures.
- Provided training to enhance safety management of handling chemical substances, X-ray equipment, lasers, high-pressure gases, electricity, low-voltage electricity, and forklift operation. 7 training courses (including supervisor training) were attended by 1,149 employees in total.
- Increased safety management programs targeting supervisors [e.g. supervisor training (overnight program at HORIBA training facility) and new leader training]
- Provided training for newly hired employees.
*Anzen: a Japanese word which means “safety”
2. Traffic Safety Programs
- Officially commended excellent drivers for safe driving.
- Increased individual employee training for those at risk of causing accidents.
- Applied HORIBA’s vehicle driving control system to company cars and utilized the resulting data.
- Improved the company regulation (for those who commute to work by bike)
- Stepped up driving management through healthcare support including screening tests for sleep apnea syndrome.
- Held lectures on safe driving that included an automobile course attended by 858 employees; a motorcycle course attended by 104 employees; and a bicycle course attended by 329 employees.
- Conducted driving aptitude tests for newly hired employees.
- Implemented measures to undergo examinations to renew the ISO39001 (road traffic safety) certification.