- Vehicle emissions and fuel consumption R&D testing on chassis dynamometers
- Prolonged endurance and/or high-speed test runs
- Testing under severe climatic conditions or other conditions which might exhaust or cause
danger to a driver
- Fully automatic, unmanned laboratory operation
- Equal or superior to the most experienced human drivers in accuracy and repeatability
- Equipped to handle nearly any vehicle:
- CVT, LEV and direct-injection engine vehicles
- Next generation hybrid and electric vehicles
- Floor-shift manual or automatic-transmission vehicles M/T or A/T - up to seven gears
- Right-or left-handed drive vehicles simply by rotating the arm 180°
- Learning function automatically determines:
- Relationship between gas pedal movement, speed, and acceleration
- Relationship between brake stroke and deceleration
- Relationship between gas pedal movement and engine RPM
- Gas pedal play
- Adjusts automatically to driving position and vehicle characteristics
- Feed-forward control minimizes tracking lag. Feedback control compensates for moment-to-moment variations in vehicle characteristics
High-quality CRT displays
- Analog gauges for engine revolution and vehicle speed
- Strip-chart display of actual vs. scheduled speed
- Over-speed and over-engine-revolution limits
- Throttle, brake-pedal, and gear-shift positions
- Vehicle speed errors
- Easy-to-use editor allows creation of driving schedules. Gearshifts may be specified by time or speed
- Provides AK interface to host computer over Ethernet LAN or RS-232
- Installs in minutes in any type of vehicle
- Improves efficiency of chassis laboratory facilities by allowing round-the-clock operation through fully automated, unmanned laboratory operation
Uses actuators to control throttle, brake, clutch, gearshift, and ignition key. Can be adjusted for left-or right-hand drive simply by rotating the arm 180°. Available in three configurations to support:
- Both manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Only automatic transmission vehicles (2 types)
One person can quickly and easily install the unit with these steps:
- Fasten mechanical unit to seat frame
- Fasten actuators to gas, brake and clutch pedals
- Fasten actuator to gearshift knob (adjusted to neutral)
- Put key actuator in ignition keyhole
- Connect RPM sensor to engine
- Initiate automatic adjustment function (takes approximately 3 minutes)
Weighs approximately 30 kg (66 lbs) and can be separated into parts weighing less than 10 kg (22 lbs) each.
Provides over-all system control. Includes the following components in a 19-inch rack cabinet:
PC-based computer sets vehicle and test conditions, adjusts positional relationships of mechanical unit, and controls all operations from learning mode to test operation:
- Easy-to-use editors allow entry of speed tables, shift patterns, command tables, and vehicle/engine parameters.
- High-resolution CRT provides real-time displays during testing.
- Communication to MEXA 7000, chassis dynamometer, and VETS vehicle emissions-test system allow fully automatic, unmanned operation of the test cell.
Controller controls actuators and test sequence, using feed-forward and feedback control.
DC servo driver provides power to servomotors for accelerator, brake, clutch, gearshift selector and starter.
Performs installation adjustments and checks positional relationship of pedal actuators and gearshift lever. Includes these functions:
- Auto Adjust
- Manual Adjust
- Adjust Check
- Key Adjust
- Gearshift check
Supported gearshift positions include N and 1 to 7 for manual transmission vehicles; N/D/D3/2/L for automatic transmission vehicles.