Key benefits of the ScopeLite 200 versus traditional arc lamp microscope illuminators
- Guaranteed alignment and uniformity greatly improves image quality
- No need for maintenance or dealer alignment
- Higher intensity
- Excellent stability
- Better value, lower price and much longer lamp life
Unlike with a Hg arc lamp microscope illuminator, the ScopeLite 200 is always in focus and always provides the best possible image quality. The ScopeLite 200 optimizes a pre-aligned, self-focusing 200-watt metal halide lamp. Combining the line output of a mercury lamp spectrum with the versatility of a broadband lamp, the ScopeLite 200 is ideal for a multitude of applications ranging from fluorescence microscopy to cosmetic dentistry.
The typical lamp life is 2,000 hours. Even after 2,000 hours, more than 70 percent of the lamp’s original power output still remains. Every metal halide lamp has a temperature sensor to shut down if overheating occurs. The ScopeLite 200 displays hours of operation on the front panel, allowing you to know when the lamp needs replacement. When that time comes, lamp replacement is quick and easy. The ScopeLite 200 features a side panel that opens and allows easy access to the lamp, which snaps into place in seconds.
The ScopeLite 200 can couple to virtually any microscope and it comes with everything that you need: lamp, housing, power supply and a two-meter liquid light guide. The only thing that you need to specify is the make and model of your microscope and whether you will couple it to your epi-port or directly to the microscope.
The ScopeLite 200 is a compact and complete microscope illuminator.
Features and Benefits
- Long life, low operating cost – typical lamp life 2000 hours.
- Excellent uniformity of illumination – particularly important and useful for imaging.
- DC operation for the best in stability – DC means no 60 cycle AC flicker. For imaging, it is important.
- Wide spectral range – from 350 nm to 700 nm.
- Small footprint – will definitely not clutter your lab.
- Intensity Control – five preset positions: 100%, 75%, 50%, 25% and complete block.
- TTL operated mechanical shutter – prevents needless illumination of sample.
- Intelligent lamp design – each lamp has temperature sensor to protect from overheating.
- Pre-aligned, self-focusing lamp – replacement of lamps is easy, simply snap in, you cannot make a mistake and focusing is automatic.
- Simple and easy coupling to microscope.
- 2 meter liquid light guide (LLG) is used to connect the illuminator to your microscope; it has quick release for easy exchange and alignment.
- LLG-to-microscope adapters available for virtually any microscope.
- Lamp usage tracked – displayed in hours on front panel, you will know when lamp will need to be replaced.
Although the ScopeLite 200 is most commonly used as a microscope fluorescence illuminator, there are a number of other applications the ScopeLite 200 is well suited for.
- Epifluorescence Microscopy
- Biotechnology: MicroArray
- Industrial: UV Curing
- Machine Vision
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Absorption Microscopy: Photodynamic therapy
- Medical: Endoscope Light Source
- Entertainment: Projection