• Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge on the particle size analyzer
• Learn how to optimize operating conditions for any sample
Laser Diffraction Theory
• Description of optical configuration & hardware
• Fraunhofer and Mie theory
• Refractive Index (RI) definition and optimization, mathematical data treatment
• Results and interpretation (distribution base (volume, number, surface), description of typical statistical parameters (D10, D50, D90, Mode, std, D43….)
Presentation of the unit with its different parts and accessories demonstrating associated applications.
• Software description for quick handling
• How to create SOP and check reference materials
• How to create a standard SOP
• Method (SOP) set up on customer samples
Importance of sample preparation (sampling, sample predispersion)
Choice of Analytical Conditions and Optimisation
• Pump speed/stirrer speed (wet mode), Pressure / feeder vibration (dry mode)
• Acquisition time
• Ultrasonics: internal/external use
• Refractive index selection and optimization
• Results interpretation (fit optimization, right size parameters selected regarding sample distribution, etc.)
Data exportation and setup
Specific software functions
Hands-on with Common Samples such as:
• Colored samples
• Dense materials
• Polydisperse & multimodal samples
• Granulated formulations / friable samples
Maintenance of First Level
Our trainers are experts in each technique. They will provide trainings advice and guidance to make the most of your HORIBA Scientific instrument. You will gain confidence and experience in the analysis of your samples.
Certificates are given to every attendee for every course.
All trainings are held in France or at your location and are conducted in French or English.
Do you have any questions or requests? Use this form to contact our specialists.