User Interface Software Engineer
HORIBA MIRA is a world-class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise
We are seeking a User Interface Software Engineer to join a small, fast-moving team working to create advanced robot prototypes and products. For the right candidate, we offer an opportunity to help set the agenda and organize the development of our User Interfaces.
The ideal candidate has experience leading and participating in User Interface design and implementation. Examples of excellent practical experience includes desktop and mobile User Interfaces, for controlling Autonomous Vehicles and Robots, providing an intuitive and enjoyable user experience.
The team’s engineers write software, conduct experiments, communicate results, give high-profile demonstrations and develop innovative solutions to new problems. We offer a relaxed but hardworking environment where individuals are recognised for their personal performance.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Own the design of User Interfaces for all aspects of our robotic systems, such as system setup, mission planning, operator control, sensor visualisation, etc.
- Responsible for the implementation / coding of our User Interfaces.
- Illustrating User Interface elements such as buttons, pins, vehicles etc.
- Gather system requirements / user stories.
- Write system test plans and assist in validation testing.
- Document your work and assist with the transition of new capabilities, technologies, and prototypes into a product development environment.
- Support establishing HORIBA MIRA as the technical partner of choice for the development of autonomous off-highway technologies.
- Design of intuitive User Interfaces for desktop and mobile applications
- Implementation / coding of User Interfaces using QML and C++
- Illustrating User Interface elements such as buttons, dials, pins, etc.
- Gathering system requirements / user stories.
- Writing system test plans.
- Assisting with validation testing.
- User Interface design principals and best practices
- Storyboarding / Mock-ups
- Image manipulation skills
- Qt framework with QML
- Illustration / Graphics design skills
- Data marshalling between QML and C++
- A relevant engineering, science degree or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Chartered status and member of a recognised professional institution
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.