Safety Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and Implement all Safety Policies currently in place at HORIBA
- Upholds all COVID-19 and pandemic safety programs currently in effect; suggests improvements where needed
- Conducts Quarterly Safety Audits for all HORIBA site(s) and prepares reports and suggested corrective actions; completes corrective actions
- Leads and executes Special Safety projects identified by peers as potential hazards
- Attends Safety educational seminars and webinars on a regular basis
- Champions New Hire Safety Training
- Identifies Safety process bottlenecks and executes timely solutions
- Prepares safety update presentations for top management
- Manages the onsite Safety Emergency Response team, leads trainings drills and communications
- Regularly reviews HORIBA Safety procedures and makes changes where needed
- Maintains HORIBA Online Learning databases and creates team structure, training courses and reports where needed; ensures employee participation in Online Courses for 100% compliance
- Be available to lead high priority safety efforts or respond to an emergency during off hours and weekends
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience is highly desired; less will be considered on a situation basis.
- The candidate must have excellent communications skills with an in depth knowledge of local and current safety legislature and procedure.
- Considerable experience preparing reports and procedures with an understanding of employee health and convenience.
- Must be detailed, organized and with creative thinking skills, yet still able to enact strict policy should the need arise.
- COVID-19 safety policy knowledge is required.
- OSHA safety training certification is required.
- Knowledge of clean rooms is a plus+
Click to apply