HORIBA is seeking an Elite Sales Performer for the Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States specifically residing within the territory.
- Sell company products, including Fluorescence and Optical Spectroscopy Packages and Components in the assigned territory with minimal amount of supervision.
- Handle customer inquiries, actively prospect, conduct product demonstrations and presentations effectively.
- Develop customer interest in equipment, prepare quotations and follow through for purchase orders.
- Achieve assigned sales target and develop sales strategy
- Attend trade shows
- Maintains digital marketing portfolio including LinkedIn, ResearchGate, and more.
- Actively engages in new scientific markets and develop strong client partnerships.
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products
- Builds business by identifying and selling prospects; maintaining relationships with clients.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements. Maintains customer/prospect database and activity.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information including forecasts, activities, territory evaluation and so forth.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline, Masters or Ph.D. preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Travel required
- Prior Sales experience required with minimum of 5 years preferably from a reputable Sales Training Program/Company
- Technical, capital equipment and optical / spectroscopy experience a requirement
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Power Point, Excel, CRM, and Digital Marketing
- Mid-Atlantic Sales engineer covering NJ, PA, MD, DE and D.C.
- Preference in having a business degree
- Preferred knowledge in life science/pharma/medical field
- Ability to present by themselves
- Prospecting using contacts, digital media, and so forth
- Ability to drive a sale from initial contact to close
- Additional language preferred
- Ability to create and deliver presentations
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, desire to deliver results
- Fast, self-direct learning.
HORIBA offers a full benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life & Disability
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Car Allowance
The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Scientific is our global team focused on improving and exceeding customers’ present and future needs by integrating the scientific market expertise and resources of HORIBA. HORIBA Scientific product offerings encompass elemental analysis, fluorescence, forensics, GDS, ICP, particle characterization, Raman, spectral ellipsometry, sulfur-in-oil, water quality, and XRF. Prominent absorbed brands include Jobin Yvon, Glen Spectra, IBH, SPEX, Instruments S.A, ISA, Dilor, Sofie, PTI, SLM, and Beta Scientific. By combining the strengths of the research, development, applications, sales, service and support organizations of all, HORIBA Scientific offers researchers the best products and solutions while expanding our superior service and support with a truly global network.
Click to apply