21679 - Thermal Engineer
HORIBA MIRA – a world-leader in advanced engineering, research and product testing has recently commissioned a new thermal systems test bench, a £0.5m investment by the HORIBA Group into HORIBA MIRA’s engineering capabilities. The thermal test bench is an independent platform for developing optimised thermal architectures and correlates virtual development with physical validation.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Manage the test delivery elements of engineering and customer thermal systems projects relating to automotive HVAC and heat management systems.
- Set up and operate the HORIBA-MIRA thermal test bench system.
- Create test cassettes which replicate part or entire vehicle HVAC and heat management systems in an open framework system for testing on the HORIBA-MIRA thermal test bench system.
- Instrument test cassettes in preparation for test on the HORIBA-MIRA thermal test bench system.
- Interpret test data from the thermal test bench system and provide feedback to the customer on HVAC and heat management systems performance.
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle thermal systems and their functions and interactions.
- Strong experience of instrumenting vehicles and data acquisition.
- Experience of delivering test and engineering services to customers, through running automated & semi-automated test benches and equipment.
- Ability to work and thrive in a matrix organisation.
- Great customer liaison skills.
- Able to manage projects across multiple facilities and different resources.
- Able to demonstrate clear delivery of significant improved performance in past roles.
- Proficient in MATLAB.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Self management & project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Degree educated in a relevant discipline
Level 3 F-GAS Automotive Refrigerant Handling
- Flexibility with working hours is required. At peak times shift working will be required.
- Applicants should be self-starting and motivated to deliver quality solutions and results.
- Good self-management and project management skills are essential.
- Must have technical and personal credibility and the ability to work effectively with other functional teams and business functions.
- Must have excellent integration skills.
- Ability to self-reflect and enact lessons learnt into future work.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills and desire.
- Must have a strong work ethic and willing to engage as part of the wider team.
- Please note; this role will fall inside IR35
For further information, click here