Certification Project Engineer
This is a new role working within the Certification & Homologation Department supporting Certification activities including providing support to HORIBA MIRA Certification Limited (HMCL) for Approved Body services.
The role will be varied and will involve:
- Managing the delivery of Outdoor Noise Regulation Assessments and activities, including not limited to coordinating/conducting assessments, completing audits and carrying out noise testing or witnessing noise testing both onsite and abroad.
- Assisting with Legislation Reviews, Type Approvals and Homologation Support
- Handing enquires, raising proposals and liaising with internal Sales Support Staff
- Liaising with other MIRA personnel to provide a full turnkey noise testing services to customers
- Monitoring of new legislation and changes that could affect the Outdoor Noise Regulation requirements and implement these changes into local procedures
- Managing all collaborations associated with the Outdoor Noise Regulation
- Managing and supporting other Approved Body services for internal and external customers for all areas HMCL cover (Construction Products, EMC, RED and Functional Safety).
Please note; the role will require travel abroad (as and when required)
- Experience of working autonomously and applying knowledge gained in one field to other similar fields.
- Experience of multi-tasking and coordinating multiple commitments in an effective manner.
- Experience of customer facing roles.
- Experience of undertaking testing against this standard
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a relevant engineering role
- Project management experience and evidence of effective project delivery
- Awareness and application of ISO 17025/ISO17065 principles
- Currently undertaking Outdoor Noise Regulation assessments and/or testing
- Qualified lead auditor
- Demonstrated knowledge of Outdoor Noise Regulation 2001 (ONR) or Directive 2000/14/EC
- Awareness of different ONR assessment route
- Flexible and be able to apply knowledge gained to other similar disciplines.
- Application of MIRA processes and systems and capabilities
Essential: Degree (minimum 2:2) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Preferred: Individual membership of an appropriate engineering institution
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
Click here for further information.