We are looking to recruit a Multi Skilled facilities Engineer for the design, construction and installation of automotive test facilities. The main purpose of the role is to provide:
- Engineering and management of capital investment projects associated with HORIBA MIRA facilities.
- Production of concept and construction drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Assist in the production of specifications and documentation for capital projects.
- Information gathering for facility operating parameters and conditions.
- Site management of contractors.
- Engineering design for electrical and mechanical services.
- Engineering design for buildings including spatial layouts.
- Predominantly work from the office on site, some working from home may be possible (will depend on project status).
- Some travel may be required to sites within the UK.
- Must have clean full driving licence
- Proficient with AutoCAD software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Design of Electrical or mechanical services.
- Project management experience.
- Must provide a portfolio of relevant work.
- Knowledge of creating 3D images of building/ground models
- Experience of designing automotive test facilities.
- Understanding of legislative conformity for automotive test facilities.
- Design of M&E services.
- Understanding of spatial planning and building design.
- Preferable if some experience of proving grounds or automotive test facilities.
The candidates will:
- Take a lead role in investigation studies to develop technical solutions for new capital projects.
- Take a lead role in the delivery of capital projects.
- Provide technical support to facility owners for the maintenance and repair of existing facilities.
- Prepare concept and detailed drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Prepare reports and documentation to support the design, contract and PM process (specifications, RFQ etc.).
- Liaise with SME’s for the design and installation of electrical and mechanical services.
- Understand building design and construction techniques.
- Be able to liaise with contractors and supervise on site activities.
- Must be able to self-start.
- Proficient in English Language, written and verbal communication.
- Able to interact with personnel of all backgrounds for the gathering of information.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in building services or electrical engineering.
- AutoCAD user.
- Engineering degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Project management qualification (APM PMQ, AGILE, Prince 2 etc.)
- H&S qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH)
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.