21667 - Electrical Project Engineer
HORIBA MIRA is looking for an Electrical Project Engineer to join the Software and Electrical Engineering team. Based at the heart of the UK automotive industry, they will form part of the growth strategy within HORIBA MIRA. This role will include, but not be limited to, delivering and developing MIRA’s trusted Electrical Engineering and Integration service, including:
- Technical delivery of projects involving Automotive systems, Hybrid electric vehiclesystems and related applications, with an electrical focus
- Electrical design, development, integration and test solutions across a wide range ofautomotive and xEV related products / systems
This technical role requires a highly motivated individual with experience in Electrical development and integration of automotive and commercial vehicle systems.
We are offering the chance to work in a world-class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise. We offer full-system design, test and integration expertise to automotive, defence, rail and transport industries and also specialise in developing low carbon and autonomous and co-operative driving technologies.
- The role is open to flexible working of 1-2 days in the office and 3-4 days from home.
- The candidate will become a member of a development team with individual and team-levelresponsibilities, requiring the ability to work alone and also collaboratively as part of the team
- The candidate will be required to work on defence projects and must be eligible for security clearance
- Have a full UK driving license
- Be prepared to travel in the UK and potentially overseas for short term visits
To be successful in this role we are looking for individuals that have experience in:
- Electrical development and integration of automotive and commercial vehicle systems
- System architecture development and requirements elicitation
- Detailed electrical design, integration and test
- IT Literate – Microsoft Office with a strong ability to learn new software tools
- Electrical and electronic development of hybrid electric vehicle systems
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and 8D techniques and processes
- Working knowledge of systems and safety Engineering
- Working knowledge of automotive software development
- Schematic Capture
- Def Stan 61-05
- Contribute to a multi-disciplinary team to support the delivery of complex projects using the V-cycle engineering approach and following a gated engineering development process where appropriate
- Support system architecture definition and requirements capture activities
- Detailed design of automotive systems, hybrid electric vehicle systems, HV battery packs and control systems
- Design and development of modules and harness systems
- Design to recognised standards and best practices for safety, EMC, reliability and maintainability
- Use of the required appropriate design tools - i.e. Arcadia, EDS tools, Visio, DOORS and Matlab
- Sensor integration with emphasis on transducer interfacing, i.e. temperature, pressure, position etc
- Communications interface development including vehicle networks using CAN / LIN / FlexRayprotocols
- Vehicle / application integration for electrical and electronic systems, including ADAS, Chassiscontrol, Body control systems and xEV control systems
- Creation, execution and reporting of robust DVP’s against systems requirements using suitable analysis and measurement tools
- Performing 8D on analysis on items ranging in maturity from prototype level to post-production
- Assist in the development of proposals and support discussions with customers in order to generate new projects
- Be capable of delivering a high standard of technical writing
- Be a self-starter and able to execute designated tasks accurately and within timing and budget constraints
- Flexible and adaptable with good interpersonal skills – a consensus-builder not confrontational
- Have well-developed analytical skills – rigorous but pragmatic
- Demonstrate creative thinking and be open to new ideas
- Work well under pressure with a positive, can-do attitude
- Educated to degree level in Electrical / Electronic engineering or similar related discipline
- Educated to Higher Degree level or post-graduate qualification in a related Engineering discipline
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.