21698 - Certification & Homologation Engineer
The vision of the Certification and Homologation Department is to be an independent, trusted partner for product assurance. This new role involves providing Homologation services to internal and external customers including assisting in the overall Certification Function.
Assist in projects relating to product homologation in, but not limited to, the following fields:
- Road vehicles
- Construction machinery and other outdoor noise emitting equipment
- Motorway Barriers
Other core activities include:
- Writing proposals
- Test witnessing on site and at third party premises
- Performing various type approval tests and assessments
- Project Management of Homologation/Certification test programmes on and off site
- Preparation of Technical Documentation
- Liaison with Regulatory Authorities, including VCA and RDW
- Assist with product Conformity Assessment for UKCA/CE marking
- Technical reviews and assessments of documentation
- Project administration
- Core working hours between 8.00am – 4.15pm but flexibility required based on business needs.
- Hybrid working role with a blend of office and home working as required.
- Occasional foreign travel.
- Fluency in English is essential
- Permit to work in UK is essential
- Minimum 2 years experience of working in a homologation department, technical service, test or engineering consultancy environment.
- Ability to work autonomously on own initiative and convert knowledge gained in one field to other similar fields.
- Practical understanding of Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering principals.
- Ability to manage multiple commitments in an effective manner and prioritise where necessary.
- Basic understanding of vehicle engineering.
- Confident person, able to work well in challenging situations and can adapt to a changing role as the department grows.
- Knowledge of testing and an ability to interpret requirements to the customer.
- Knowledge of vehicle Type Approval requirements
- Knowledge of and UKCA/CE Marking requirements for Outdoor Noise, Construction products, EMC or RED regulation requirements
The candidate must display an attitude of flexibility and ability to adapt knowledge gained swiftly to similar disciplines. They must also be able to demonstrate an ability to understand and interpret legislation effectively as this will be a major customer deliverable. They will, on occasions be required to create detailed reports containing test outcomes through to updates on legislative requirements.
The nature of the department means a great deal of training will be ‘on-the-job’ so the candidate must have an ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated.
Degree (minimum 2:2) in Electrical/Mechanical engineering is essential
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further info, click here