We are looking to recruit our next Project Engineer – Thermal Energy Management to join the Electromobility Systems department in the Propulsion & Electromobility group. As a department we deliver a range of advanced solutions for the development of energy efficient electrified vehicles. In particular, the full Vehicle Thermal Management system is critical for the effective development of electric and hybrid vehicles. This role will enhance the Propulsion & Electromobility capability group across the Engineering & Technology division.
Main Purpose of Job
Full job description available below to download.
· Typically 5 in automotive thermal management
· At least 5 years’ experience using CFD analysis on automotive application (ideally ANSYS Fluent or OpenFOAM)
· Experience in carrying out and analysing the results of simulations of external aerodynamics and under-bonnet flow, interior cabin flows
· Experience with applying CFD modelling and analysis techniques to battery thermal modelling, e.g. air cooled packs, hydraulic component characterisation, e.g. of cooling plates and their optimisation
· Experience and knowledge in meshing and mesh quality, derivation and application of appropriate boundary conditions, and analytical techniques of simulation results
· 1-D Modelling and Simulation using GT-Suite and Simscape, in particular HVAC and cooling systems
· Strong Thermodynamics background
· Thermal System development using a V-Cycle approach
· Good understanding of automotive Thermal Energy Management and Vehicle Energy Efficiency
· Solid report writing skills
The candidate should:
· Good first degree in an appropriate Subject, most probably Mechanical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Electro-mechanical Engineering. Significant relevant professional experience will be taken into consideration
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
Please note; the role will involve the successful candidate to travel and work flexibly. The job is likely to involve periods of 1 - 2 weeks at a time spent overseas approximately 1 to 2 times per year.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, this role does meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information, click here