21743 - Powertrain & Thermal Rig Build Technician
HORIBA MIRA is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
The Powertrain and Engine Test team are responsible for delivery of conventional ICE and Hybrid engine testing which includes engine palletisation, instrumentation, test and data delivery, within the Propulsion Test and Development Centre.
The Vehicle Thermal Energy Optimisation Suite (VTEOS) allows customers to test and characterise there cooling system at a component level without the need for full vehicle testing. The VTEOS team are responsible for assembling and configuring customer components into test cassettes and then running development programmes to analysis the system performance.
- Preparation and installation of the test units.
- Instrumentation of Thermal systems
- Modern test methodologies and able to deliver tests right first time.
- Setup, configure, operate, and maintain test equipment and automation systems.
- Understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and components to be able to troubleshoot, perform assembly, strip and repair type activities.
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Excel
- Deliver accurate and qualified test data, liaise directly with customers and Engineers
- Use initiative and employ appropriate innovation to work tasks.
- Test engine palletisation, installation and commissioning
- Test Bed setup, configuration and operation
- Engine test measurements, servicing and maintenance
- Build of test cassettes
- Operation of Suite sub systems
- Facility maintenance and housekeeping
- Follow work instructions with high attention to detail and quality
- Relevant City & Guilds or IMI or BTEC vehicle engineering to level 3 and/or experience.
- F-Gas Qualified - refrigerant re-gassing
- Work to good Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to
- Have excellent mechanical and fabrication skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good problem solving skills
- Be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, MIRA engineers or unsupervised to carry out test/build instructions
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment
- 39 hour week - all on site working
- Be prepared to work extended hours or required shift pattern
For further information, click here