21753 - Electromagnetic Resilience Engineer
Are you a development engineer with an automotive background, with a detailed understanding of vehicle features & functions architectures, networks, hardware, and software? Do you have a fundamental grasp of vehicle engineering to meet one or more attributes? Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want to be part of a growing team that develop and deliver advanced test and engineering services for new vehicle technologies? Do you want to contribute to the future of global road transport solutions? If you are a dynamic and proactive engineer this could be the role for you!
The implications of new technologies for connectivity, autonomy and electromobility are driving significant changes in the way that the industry must engineer, test, and verify next-generation transport solutions.
We are recruiting an engineer with an aptitude for risk-based EMC engineering including verification and validation experience to join our growing team and help us implement and develop advanced services through long-term targeted research, advanced test development and key investments to ensure that our customers are ready for the challenges ahead.
We are offering the chance to work in a world-class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise. We offer full-system design, test and integration expertise to automotive, defence, rail and transport industries and also specialise in developing low carbon and autonomous and co-operative driving technologies.
MIRA is looking for a dynamic and proactive technologist to join its team in Nuneaton. Based in the Vehicle Resilience department and working within our new Vehicle Resilience Technology Centre, you will form part of the growth strategy within HORIBA MIRA. This role will include, but not be limited to, increasing MIRAs new technology automotive service offerings, including:
- Structured risk-based systems engineering
- The development and review of component and vehicle EM standards and processes
- Advanced test methods for complex and future technologies related to:
- Vehicle connectivity (wired and wireless)
- Vehicle autonomy
- Cybersecurity (RF physical elements)
- Future technologies
- Data analysis and problem-solving
- Supporting Electromagnetic Engineering Delivery & Development, including:
- Undertaking a systems engineering approach to EM programme management covering standards reviews and generation, supplier review activities, test management and problem resolution.
- Research into new technology standards and test parameters / equipment
- Optimisation of new services through structured continuous improvement
- Assist MIRA specialists in:
- Delivering large / complex, customer programmes
- Providing technical support to cross-discipline team
- Providing internal support to product development areas of HORIBA MIRA
- Leading / assisting research and development projects
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a relevant field covering some combination of the key functions detailed previously.
- This technical role requires a highly motivated individual who can demonstrate structured systems engineering and problem resolution.
- An excellent knowledge of hardware and software architectures and their role in creating vehicle features and functions is vital.
- A working knowledge of EM theory, antenna performance, communication protocols and EM standards (component and vehicle) is required
- Experience in data analytics and data visualisation will be an advantage along with an ability to code.
- Systems Engineering:
- Threat and risk analysis
- Design Verification process for component or vehicle platforms
- Supplier or component management
- EM problem resolution
- Understanding of EMC theory with experience of practical implementation of testing, ideally specific to EDUs, HV systems and LV & HV components, but not essential
- Working knowledge of EMC and Electrical Automotive Standards.
Experience in some combination of the following:
- Wireless technologies (e.g., Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC)
- Wired networking technologies (e.g., CAN, Automotive Ethernet)
- Sensing technologies (e.g., RADAR, ultrasonic)
- HV technologies that support EV, PHEV or HEV
- Have good interpersonal skills – a consensus-builder
- Be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Be capable of working under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Hold a full driving licence
- Be willing to travel and work flexibly: The job is likely to involve trips or extended placements at customer facilities within the UK or overseas
- Be willing to engage in the security clearance process and work on defence related projects
- Bachelors degree (minimum 2:1) or equivalent qualification in electrical / electronic engineering or other relevant discipline
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, this role does meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further info, click here