21770 - ADAS Test Engineer
IMPROVING LIVES BY MAKING JOURNEYS SAFER, CLEANER AND SMARTER.
HORIBA MIRA has over 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles. Our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding. Every journey in the world is positively influenced by us.
We are a very diverse organisation and, since our acquisition by HORIBA in 2015, operate from an increasingly global perspective.
ADAS Test Engineer
Main Purpose of Job: Deliver test and validation work within HORIBA MIRA’s ADAS test capability.
- Assist with delivery of HORIBA MIRA’s ADAS vehicle test capability on the proving ground
- Equipment preparation and installation in test vehicles and robotic soft targets
- Undertake and/or assist the performing of ADAS tests on track
- Utilise appropriate data acquisition systems and robotic driver/target systems
- Liaise with clients to ensure a customer friendly environment
- Help deliver improvements to equipment, procedures and methods of working
- Support the appropriate calibration and or maintenance of test equipment
- Work in an effective manner to ensure test delivery to customers is to time, quality and budget
- Work with support technicians in test setup and test execution
- Analyse data collected during testing and write test reports as necessary
- Support technical discussions with customers and proposal development
- Support the development of internal test skills through internal training and technology transfer
- Demonstrate excellence in everything you do
- Experience as an engineer or test engineer in the automotive industry.
- Performing tests using various test equipment including data acquisition systems and robotic driver systems.
- Good data acquisition, data analysis and post processing skills
- Must have clean, valid driver’s license.
- Exposure to latest trends on vehicle autonomy
- Knowledge of ADAS standards, testing and associated instrumentation
- Experience driving on proving grounds
- Trailer towing licence / HGV
Soft skills are just as important as technical skills, and so we look for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Interpersonal skills (communication, teamworking)
- Customer focus
The candidate should:
- Be capable of working in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
- Be willing to work in the outdoors under inclement weather
- Be able to carry heavy equipment (Manual handling training will be provided)
- Be a determined individual, able to adopt creative and innovative approaches to overcoming barriers to success
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a self-starter and be able to execute designated objectives independently with little supervision
- Must be able and willing to travel, both inside and outside the UK, sometimes at short notice
Applicants should possess an Honours degree (min. 2:2) or Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines listed:
- Engineering degree in appropriate discipline (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive Engineering or a similar scope)
At HORIBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Successful candidates must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information click here.