21777 - Propulsion Test - Technician (12months Contract)
HORIBA MIRA is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
The Vehicle Emissions team are responsible for the delivery of chassis dynamometer based and road based testing activities for our customers. We support development and certification testing of customer vehicles, against global exhaust emissions standards in the laboratory and on the road for Real Driving Emission (RDE) standards. Our existing ambient chassis dynamometer facility and our new climatic chassis dynamometer facility provide a full suite of capabilities to meet customer and legislative demands, together with a growing capacity of Portable Emission Measurement Systems for RDE development and certification test activities.
Please note; this is a 12 months contract Inside IR35.
- Strong vehicle driving capability to enable adaption to various types of vehicle
- Maintenance of equipment and completion of test work following pre-defined procedures
- An understanding of automotive systems and ability to diagnose faults
- Understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and emissions components to be able to troubleshoot, perform assembly, strip and repair activities
- Test Procedure and Risk Assessment creation experience
- Maintaining stock levels of equipment and components
- Use of HORIBA MEXA ONE, STARS & SPARC, ETAS INCA
- Attention to detail
- Professional attitude
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills, in particular MS Office
- Full Driving Licence
- City and Guilds or NVQ in Engineering/Motor Vehicle Repairs.
- NVQ3 Emissions testing or Engineering
The candidate should:-
- Be prepared to work required shift pattern (morning, afternoon and night) and flexible extended hours when necessary.
- Support additional Emissions facilities where required as well as the wider business.
- Be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, Type Approval Authorities, HORIBA MIRA engineers or unsupervised to carry out work programmes
- Be competent to carry out unsupervised - Planned Facility Maintenance and Repairs together with maintaining appropriate stock levels of consumables
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment.
- Work to required Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to
For further informaton click here.