21783 - Engineering Technician/Test Engineer
HORIBA MIRA is a world-class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise.
We offer full-system design, test, and integration expertise to automotive, defence, rail and transport industries and also specialise in developing low carbon and autonomous and co-operative driving technologies.
At our headquarters in the Midlands, we have access to one of the most comprehensive vehicle proving grounds which boasts 93km of test tracks and over 35 world-class test facilities and laboratories. Our facilities, combined with the engineering expertise of our 600 strong team makes MIRA Technology Park Europe’s number one location for transport sector R&D.
To assist in general Passive Safety testing activities, predominantly based, but not exclusively, in the HyGe, Pedestrian and Structures laboratories, to include test scheduling, planning & execution. Data delivery, proposals & reporting.
- Research and Development work.
- High Speed Video Camera operation.
- DAS & Instrumentation usage.
- Mechanical skills.
- Computer literate.
- Customer service.
- Automotive / Aero test and development experience.
- Data and film analysis.
- Report writing.
Supporting with the preparation of vehicles and components for passive safety testing. Products tested range from complete vehicles to individual components. e.g. Airbags, seat belts, BIW, aircraft and rail seats. Key aspects of the role include:
- Interpretation of customer requirements
- Understanding and documenting pre & post-test requirements – measurements & observations
- Review & verification of test data and analysed data.
- Data delivery & reporting
- Customer liaison before during and after test day
- Co-ordination of proactive calibration & maintenance for test equipment.
- Planning & support with development of new test scenarios.
- Use of scheduling software for planning, project records, test scheduling.
- Encouraging excellent H&S and environmental practices across the area.
- Working Knowledge of UKAS 17025
- HNC – Engineering/ Science related subject.
- C&G or NVQ Engineering/Science related subject.
- HND- Engineering/ Science related subject.
- Heading towards engineer status via a competency-based scheme, accredited by a recognised governing body.
- FLT licence
- Mig Welder
- Good English based communication skills.
- Good timekeeping.
- Physically strong and in good health.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and be receptive to skills being taught.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team.
- Working directly alongside senior customer personnel on site i.e., Directors.
- Think outside the box to contribute to developing unique tests for specialist product tests.
For further info, please click here