21794 - Crash Test Engineer
The role of Crash Test Engineer will be joining the Safety team. The role will involve but not limited to:
- Complete crash testing activities, including test scheduling, planning & execution, customer liaison, data delivery, and reporting
- Preparing test specifications and test set up of vehicles/parts for crash
- Crash Test legislation interpretation
- Overseeing vehicle preparation prior to crash, including leading team of technicians
- Overall responsibility for delivery of test including quality, technical and timing aspects, improving crash KPIs
- Checking and validation of test data & results and delivery of final data (including test reports) in a timely manner as agreed with customer
- Customer liaison duties. Managing customer crash programmes and new enquiries
- Quality standards, working to ISO17025 UKAS
- This role is onsite working but there maybe the occasional working from home opportunity
- This role may require shift working on a ad-hoc basis and would receive a shift allowance (22.6%)
- Full drivers licence is a pre-requisite
- 37.25hrs working week (M-T > 08.51 - 17.15 and F > 08.51 - 16.15)
- Test and development work experience
Although on-the-job training can be given, the following would be advantageous
- Biomechanics, crash testing work experience
- Working knowledge of High Voltage Vehicle systems
- CAN/Flexray system knowledge
- 3D scanning
- Data handling/interpretation
- Good English based communication skills.
- Good timekeeping.
- Able to multi-task under pressurised situations
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team.
- Proficient in Office, especially excel
- Crash test specific software training will be provided
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and be receptive to skills being taught.
- Engineering/Science degree
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent related subject
At HORIBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information, please click here