22983 - Functional Safety Manager / Consultant
HORIBA MIRA is looking for a Functional Safety Manager / Consultant to join a unique and growing team. Based at the heart of the UK automotive industry, they will form part of the growth strategy within HORIBA MIRA with a position based in Japan. This role will include, but not be limited to, delivering and developing MIRA’s trusted functional safety service, including:
- Establishing, promoting and maintaining a strong safety culture within customers
- Process improvement, and targeted training and coaching for customer product development teams including integration with Agile approaches
- Overall planning, coordination and monitoring progress of activities related to functional safety
- Co-ordinate the functional safety team development and resourcing
- Ownership and responsibility for successful assurance activities such as safety cases, process audit and product safety assessment, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
Expert (5+ years’ experience in):
- ISO 26262 functional safety management in a vehicle manufacturer and/or tier 1 suppliers covering all aspects of the safety lifecycle
- Delivering ISO 26262 to vehicle manufacturers and tier 1 suppliers covering all aspects of the safety lifecycle
Experience in all of:
- Automotive-relevant safety-related systems standards
- Software design lifecycle and development for safety-related systems
- Functional safety planning & management
- Functional safety process development and improvement
- Identifying hazards, performing risk assessment and classification
- User and systems level requirements capture, management and technical review
- Preparing safety cases (including safety arguments)
- System level architectural design and technical review
- Validation and verification activities
- Process audit, product safety assessment and certification
- Deliver a high standard of technical writing
- Present technical information confidently to customers
- Be a self-starter and able to execute designated tasks accurately and within timing and budget constraints
- Strong analytical skills – rigorous but pragmatic, being able to justify decisions with solid rationale
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Educated to degree level in electrical/electronic engineering, systems engineering or a relevant related discipline
- Working toward or have corporate membership of an engineering institution including Chartered Engineer qualification
HORIBA MIRA has 70 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
Will consider fixed term or permanent for this role.
Role outside of IR35.
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.