Sale Engineer - Northwest Territory
he HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Scientific is our global team focused on improving and exceeding customers’ present and future needs by integrating the scientific market expertise and resources of HORIBA. HORIBA Scientific product offerings encompass elemental analysis, fluorescence, forensics, GDS, ICP, particle characterization, Raman, spectral ellipsometry, sulfur-in-oil, water quality, and XRF. Prominent absorbed brands include Jobin Yvon, Glen Spectra, IBH, SPEX, Instruments S.A, ISA, Dilor, Sofie, PTI, SLM, and Beta Scientific. By combining the strengths of the research, development, applications, sales, service and support organizations of all, HORIBA Scientific offers researchers the best products and solutions while expanding our superior service and support with a truly global network.
HORIBA is seeking an Elite Sales Performer for the Northwest Region of the United States.
Desired Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Currently selling capital equipment in the Semiconductor and Materials Science and Engineering field. Capital equipment may range from Photoluminescence, UV-VIS, Raman, Atomic-Force Microscopy, SEM, Glow-Discharge, SIMS, MS, Spectroscopic Ellipsometry and NMR, etc.
- Builds business by identifying and selling prospects; maintaining relationships with clients and expands network.
- Maintains digital marketing portfolio including LinkedIn, ResearchGate, and more.
- Sell company products, including Raman, XRF, ICP, Emission and others in the assigned territory with minimal amount of supervision.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements. Maintains customer/prospect database and activity.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information including forecasts, activities, territory evaluation and so forth.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Product demonstrations and sample measurements for prospective customers
- Preparing and presenting technical presentations and seminars to potential customers
- Develop customer interest in equipment, prepare quotations and follow through for purchase orders.
- Achieve assigned sales target and develop sales strategy
- Attend trade shows
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline, Masters or Ph.D. preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Travel required
- Prior Sales experience required with minimum of 2-3 years.
- Certified training preferably to have been received by a reputable Sales Training Program/Company.
- Technical, capital equipment and optical / spectroscopy experience a requirement
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Power Point, Excel, CRM, and Digital Marketing
- Northwest Sales engineer covering WA, OR, Northern CA, NV, UT, MT, ID, WY
- Business degree is a plus
- Materials Science and Engineering is a plus
- Ability to present by themselves
- Prospecting using contacts, digital media, etc.
- Ability to drive a sale from initial contact to close
- Ability to create and deliver presentations
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, desire to deliver results
- Fast, self-direct learning.
HORIBA offers a full benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life & Disability
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Car Allowance
Click to apply