HORIBA MIRA is a world-class, independent engineering and testing consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise.
We offer full-system design, test and integration expertise to automotive, defence, rail and transport industries and also specialise in developing low carbon and autonomous and co-operative driving technologies.
Based on the MIRA Technology Park, we have access to one of the most comprehensive vehicle proving grounds which boasts 93km of test tracks and over 35 world-class test facilities and laboratories. Our facilities, combined with the engineering expertise of our 600 strong team makes MIRA Technology Park Europe’s number one location for transport sector R&D.
The Solutions Leader for NVH and Vehicle Dynamics will report to the Head of Strategic Sales - Vehicle Attributes & Performance, this role will be responsible for the development of global solutions for HORIBA MIRA’s NVH & Vehicle Dynamics offering. The focus will be on producing bespoke and compelling propositions for HM’s global customer base to achieve/exceed order intake targets. Whilst creating appropriate business/product and services development strategies to achieve long term growth targets.
Mission of the role
· Reporting to the Head of Strategic Sales - Vehicle Attributes & Performance the role will take responsibility for the HORIBA MIRA Solutions Offering for NVH & Vehicle Dynamics attributes. Delivering our strategy and plan to achieve HM’s growth in this specific area of business, whilst having the appreciation of its contribution to the broader company capability and solutions.
· Working closely with the Head of Strategic Sales to meet or exceed the yearly Order Intake Targets. This will require active engagement with key account managers, strategic and international sales.
· Work collegiately as part of the HORIBA MIRA Commercial Team to contribute to a global integrated, happy & successful commercial function respected by other functions & the wider HORIBA group.
Proposal & Order Intake Management:
· Support in the management of the Order Intake pipeline for opportunities and proposals which you have responsibility for. Support the Head of Strategic Sales in ensuring the technical team have sufficient orders to deliver revenue budgets. On a weekly basis provide line management with an up to date accurate status, forecast and actions to progress and secure opportunities.
· Support in the development of larger commercial propositions and manage small single function propositions. Ensure that we provide robust, technical proposals with clear responses to scope and deliverables which can be converted into successful projects aligned to MIRA’s engineering capability, processes and procedures. Ensure our offer to customers includes appropriate clarifications, margin, contingency, risk mitigation and negotiation as well as consideration of project cashflow to ensure profitability of the function area.
· Support in ensuring commercial proposals have completed the relevant governance based on the project complexity level, achieving approval sign off at the appropriate level within the organisation.
· Help to identify sales/ commercial opportunities for your area, creating and qualifying leads and nurturing those through to proposals. Focus on increasing the average order size for the discipline through delivering convincing and robust proposals.
· Be a commercial advocate within your capability area, ensuring that you set the tone for commercial standards and procedures that all areas of the business should follow.
· Contribute to our product/ function strategies with the buy-in from technical delivery groups focussing on relevant industries and target customers. The strategy should identify how HORIBA MIRA can grow in the area of NVH and Vehicle Dynamics both technically and commercially in the short, medium and longer term.
· Provide customer and market feedback to the technical delivery teams to help in shaping our roadmap and offering, ensuring that we consolidate our reputation within the market as being an innovative and forward-thinking partner.
· Work with your colleagues across the Solutions team to identify synergies and opportunities for integration which will help provide a broader offering to customers, incorporating multiple parts of our business into a coherent holistic offering resulting in higher value proposals.
· Contribute to the broader company knowledge of your product/ function area with information and market intelligence to assist with strategic, capital investment and portfolio decisions.
· With support from the Head of Strategic Sales create a clear value proposition and go to market offering for NVH and Vehicle Dynamics, actively engage with the Marketing team to promote our capabilities and offering through creating and providing technical content to marketing campaigns.
· Represent HORIBA MIRA in a positive manner, using your position as early engagement with customers to build a rapport, understand their problems and tailor solutions/ offer to solve their needs. Actively contribute to increasing our customer net promoter score with your actions in securing new work with customers.
Core Values Required:
Core Competencies Required:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) within an appropriate topic e.g. Engineering
HORIBA MIRA has 70 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.