23118 - ATD Services Technician - Contract Position
The HORIBA MIRA ATD Services team are responsible for the provision of Anthropomorphic Test Devices used in vehicle, aircraft and rail safety testing at HORIBA MIRA. We support the goals of the business by providing crash test dummies to our safety testing departments as well as providing certification services to our external clients.
Key Functions of the role include but not limited to:
- To prepare and certify Crash test dummies for the MIRA Crash & Hyge Depts.
- Installation of Crash test dummies in vehicle prior to test and removal post-test.
- Methodical, process based work.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Work with accuracy and precision at all times
- Ability to follow department procedures and international regulations.
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Possible out of hours support for Safety departments.
- Excellent mechanical fitting skills.
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements including manual handling.
- Experience of using hand tools correctly.
- Experience of using measurement instrumentation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to follow documented procedures.
- GCSE A to C in English, Maths and Science or equivalent.
- Level 3 qualification in Electro/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Driving license.
- A good degree to physical fitness is required due to the manual handling requirement of the role.
- Good English based communication skills.
- Good timekeeping.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Some shift working may be required.
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.