21660 - EMC Technical Lead (Vehicle Team)
HORIBA MIRA is a world-class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and test expertise.
We offer full-system design, test and integration expertise to automotive, defence, rail and transport industries and also specialise in developing low carbon and autonomous and co-operative driving technologies.
At our headquarters in the Midlands, we have access to one of the most comprehensive vehicle proving grounds which boasts 93km of test tracks and over 35 world-class test facilities and laboratories. Our facilities, combined with the engineering expertise of our 600 strong team makes MIRA Technology Park Europe’s number one location for transport sector R&D.
HORIBA MIRA is looking for a EMC Technical Lead to join the EMC department. The successful candidate will be responsible for automotive EMC test projects. Working within the Vehicle Delivery Team you will ensure projects are delivered to schedule, budget and HORIBA-MIRA quality standards.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Customer liaison
- Project Management with emphasis on commercial awareness, tasking and accountability, service quality and timely delivery
- Liaison with Commercial team to aid with preparation of proposals – technical EMC input required
- Test plan preparation and reviews
- Risk Assessment preparation – Technical Product knowledge input
- Planning/delivery of multiple projects across multiple laboratories
- EMC Technical lead for all projects under your control
- Management of all customer deliverables – EMC technical analysis and reporting
- Scheduling of tasks to maximise the efficiencies across all test facilities
- To provide in-lab technical EMC project support to test personnel
- Provide in-lab project consultancy and product awareness
- Resolution of test or project issues with assistance from other teams/members (where required)
- Perform project reviews and capture lessons learnt to maximise efficiencies
- Technical EMC Analysis and quality checking of EMC test results in preparation for report
- Executing the project delivery in accordance with H-M procedures including KPI capture.
- Compilation of EMC technical reporting (data packs, test summaries and test reports).
- Business development technical support
- Deliver continuous improvement projects to further enhance the team / department
- Support flexible working practises where business demands are required
- Maintain detailed and accurate records in accordance with UKAS / ISO 17025 requirements
- Full UK driving license pre-requisite
- Relevant training on essential test aspects (not already gained by the candidate) and associated safety measures required shall be provided
- Flexible working may be required
- Flexibility for working shifts when required
- Excellent Project Management experience essential in additional to a fundamental understanding of test and engineering.
- EMC knowledge
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with (and produce) detailed technical documentation including interpretation of requirements and product specifics as deliverables
- Minimum of 5 years EMC/RF test experience
- Understanding of test facility configuration
- Understanding of RF Problem Resolution techniques at Component / Sub-system / Vehicle levels
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the principles behind EMC test specifications and procedures
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of multiple EMC standards and Directives including VMs, Type Approval, Off-Highway, Agricultural, Industrial and Construction
- Strong analytical, planning, organisational, and time management skills
- Proven background in process improvement projects
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear manner
- Strong customer-facing communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Understanding of H&S / Risk assessment requirements
- HNC/HND (BTEC level 4) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent time served experience
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related subject or equivalent time served experience
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information, click here