21678 - Powertrain Project Engineer
We are looking for a Powertrain Project Engineer on a permanent contract, to deliver and support the delivery of vehicle emissions tests throughout the powertrain and emissions department.
- To liaise with technical authorities regarding any type approval activities happening within the facilities. Supporting the facility to ensure total compliance with the regulations and advise on customer projects
- To support internal research projects working closely alongside global Horiba Colleagues.
- To support the engineering team in all aspects of Vehicle Emissions test processes, test procedures and operational excellence
- Robustly manage any issues and risks using a structured problem and risk resolution process, such as 8D
- Provide a Customer Focused operation and provide assurance using customer direct contact, customer feedback and lessons learned activities
- Commercial awareness to ensure opportunities are identified and developed with focus on future investment plan requirements
- Good communication skills to liaise with customers, suppliers, technician and engineering teams
- High level of organisation/administrative ability. Proactive with a minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver on several projects at once whilst balancing conflicting priorities and requests.
- Fully understand the requirements of vehicle test programmes and ability to communicate the requirements clearly to the team.
- Candidates for this role should be prepared to work extended hours and travel overseas on project work.
- This role is open for either permanent or temporary contract (for Ltd company contractors this role would fall inside IR35) applications.
- Experience of type approval and certification processes
- Project delivery experience and good presentation skills
- Exhaust emissions testing experience (NEDC/WLTP/FTP/RDE)
- Good understanding of emissions measurement procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of emissions regulations
- Experience of Hybrid and EV technologies and testing requirements
- Exposure to Horiba test lab equipment
- Instrumentation experience
- Experience of calibration tools e.g. INCA, DiagRA, ATI.
- Knowledge of STARS VETS software
- Understanding the role of engine management systems
- Understanding of diesel, gasoline and alternative engine technologies
- Emissions aftertreatment technologies e.g. 3-way catalyst, oxidation catalyst, LNT, SCR, DPF, GPF
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to deal directly with customers and type approval agencies
- Ability to assimilate regulatory documents and apply to the test process
- Ability to deliver on customer projects whilst balancing conflicting priorities and requests.
- Ability to generate and distribute clear work instructions to operational team
- Be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, Type Approval Authorities, HORIBA MIRA engineers or unsupervised to carry out work programmes
- Be competent to organise and or carry out unsupervised - Planned Facility Maintenance, deal with Breakdowns and Repairs
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment both locally and internationally
- Work to excellent Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to
- Use initiative and employ appropriate innovation to work tasks.
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Full Driving Licence For Passenger Cars
- Masters in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
For a permanent offer: At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further information, click here